Dead Island: Epidemic announced, is zombie MOBA

Wednesday, 7th August 2013 15:02 GMT By Dave Cook

Dead Island: Epidemic is a zombie-themed MOBA from Techland. It’s just been announced.

Polygon reports that he free-to-play MOBA will hit PC care of publisher Deep Silver, and sees three teams of survivors fighting back waves of zombies.

Expect lots of fresh details to come out of gamescom in a fortnight.

1. Obernox

WAT

“ZOMBA” lol

#1 1 year ago
  2. The_Red

Seeing how Deep Silver rushed the crappy DI Riptide, I’d wait for the other Techland game (Dying Light, dying to see some gameplay) rather than this F2P online game.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Old MacDonald

“They call it a ‘ZOMBA’ – “zombie online multiplayer battle arena.” We’ll just call it a MOBA for now though.”

Heh. Good call.

As for the game itself; the world doesn’t need it, and it will fail. But hey. I guess everyone has to have a MOBA in their line-up.

#3 1 year ago
  4. wishdokta

Riptide wasn’t crappy. Was playing it for 40 hours.
    Further, you can have a look at Hellraid, too. It’s pretty much Dead Island within medieval.

Speaking of free-to-play and.. uhm. No, thanks.

#4 1 year ago
  5. SplatteredHouse

dying light is what i want to see – much more than some zombie arena combat mmo! Don’t they also have Hellraid on the way, whenever that’s meant to appear?

#5 1 year ago
  6. The_Red

Riptide was a carbon copy of DI1 with more problems, less refinement and minus the good parts (First act / island beach). I don’t know, it was a combination of everything I didn’t like about Dead Island.

#6 1 year ago
  7. wishdokta

I didn’t like the ship part within Riptide neither. But the island and city later on were cool.
    I don’t get why Riptide is supposed to be a bad game.
    Me guessing, I like Dead Island and Riptide because of their freedom. There is no narrow path – it’s just about venturing the island.

I can understand Riptide is named a copy. But I don’t get why this is a distinct problem of Dead Island. It’s a problem within the industry and the lots of early iterated games.

#7 1 year ago