Left 4 Dead 3, Source 2 spotted in Valve offices – rumour

Tuesday, 6th August 2013 04:18 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Photos said to have been taken Dota 2 players touring Valve’s offices this week seem to show the long-awaited Source Engine 2 and Left 4 Dead 3 in active development.

Competitors in Valve’s Dota 2 championships, The International, purportedly snapped the image below while touring Valve. It is said to show a list of updates to current Valve projects.

If you zoom in, you can see both Left 4 Dead 3 and Source Engine 2, neither of which have been officially confirmed – although Valve founder Gabe Newell is said to have confirmed that Source 2 is coming eventually.

A sequel to 2009 release Left 4 Dead 2 has been expected for some time, as there was only a year between the first two games. There’s no sign of Half-life 3 on the list, alas.

Thanks, games.on.net.

1. Samuel

Good job, Ted Carson. You know everyone at Valve is giving him dirty looks today.

#1 12 months ago
  2. Telepathic.Geometry

“Photos said to have been taken [by] Dota 2 players”

If they’re working on Source 2, you’d think that they’d be using it to launch Half-Life 3/Steambox wouldn’t ya. ‘Course, it could all be a big troll. The counter-espionage measures seem a little too lax for Valve.

#2 12 months ago
  3. DarkElfa

It could also be Valve simply playing with all of us.

#3 12 months ago
  4. Telepathic.Geometry

Exactly my point, classic Valve trolling…

#4 12 months ago
  5. CaptPierce

To be frankly honest, I could give a half crippled fuck what Valve is doing with Half Life 3 anymore. It’s basically become the new Duke Nukem, even worse knowing the track record of a critically acclaimed company like this. Sure I’ll keep an eye out if something happens, but it’s reached mythical status of unrealistic proportions that thinking it’ll meet ANY standards or expectations is foolish.

Half Life 2 is a masterpiece, but I think the culture is doing just fine without Gordon Freeman.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Telepathic.Geometry

Well, I have my expectations curbed. I think that HL3 is more important to me for the story now than for shooting. I wanna know what happens, what’s the G-man’s deal, what will Alex and Gordon do next…

#6 12 months ago
  7. Patrick Garratt

Argh. Show me the zombies.

#7 12 months ago
  8. redwood

@5 same here man… for all we know they could limit HL3 to their upcoming steambox somehow, so that it runs only on that (atleast legally). but like you said, it’s just been too late man.. waaay too late.

#8 12 months ago
  9. Belmont

I also don’t have any hopes for HL3 any more. It has reached such myth status that it will probably never beat the expectations. And if anything was in development, we would have had at least a name and a logo.

#9 12 months ago
  10. Diingo

Valve is a piece of shit developer.

The reason is because they lack communication with their community.

How about they just say “yeah we’re working on HL3…. but we’re not going to show it for a very long time because we’ve been waiting for technology to drastically increase so we can fully implement our dream game”

#10 12 months ago
  11. super3001

hope is xbox exclusive

#11 12 months ago
  12. frostquake

Wait Valve makes games?? I thought they were just a Portal with Steam?

Stay Frosty!

#12 12 months ago
  13. backup

Valve is just publisher they don’t make games

#13 12 months ago
  14. wamp

@13 dafuq
    @11 how about just to hope it’ll be a great game and don’t twist your mind with those type of side quest. They don’t give any XP :)

#14 12 months ago
  15. Lewis247

I need Half Life 3 so bad.

That is all.

#15 12 months ago
  16. soulburner

@10 – they are working on Half-Life 3. Everybody knows it, they don’t need to say anything – besides, they *did* tell fans they will not show the game until they are near finishing working on it because they don’t want us to see screenshots or videos showing things that will ultimately end up scrapped or changed drastically. We will see and learn more about the game not sooner than a few months before release.

It’s also very funny to me when people say things like “I’m tired of waiting for HL3, Valve are bastards! I’m not gonna play it even if it is released tomorrow, I’m done!”. It’s just funny and kind of fascinating. Are these people waking up thinking “I’m gonna go online and check for HL3 news!” and then “OMG, no news! What am I going to do now? My life has no meaning!”? ;)

#16 12 months ago
  17. wishdokta

I guess they have teams working on every title imaginable. Doesn’t mean those titles are meant to see daylight.

#17 12 months ago
  18. nklh4x0r

What ever they release, im not playing anything that runs on that steaming pile of codes called source engine 1 or 2

#18 12 months ago