Ace Combat Infinity is free-to-play: first full-length trailer.

Friday, 2nd August 2013 10:10 GMT By Dave Owen

The first full-length trailer for Ace Combat Infinity is here, and it has planes!

The trailer doesn’t show much that won’t already be familiar to harden Ace Combat fly-boys.

Namco Bandai had this to say on the title’s official Facebook page.

“”Set in a precise near future world and including beloved elements like super weapons and hyper-real visuals, the game will offer a brand new story campaign. In the new co-op multiplayer, skilled aces will form two teams of up to four players and compete to inflict the most damage on a common enemy.”

The trailer ends with several attack fighters targeting something called ‘Stone Henge.’ Clearly they’re not Spinal Tap fans.

The most significant change is that the PS3-exclusive game will be free-to-play, a first in the series’ long history. It will be download-only, available on PSN from September 25th.

1. GwynbleiddiuM

Looks like I’m gonna be SlayerGT’s wingman after all. :D

#1 12 months ago
  2. fortelv999

“Something called Stonehenge”? I cant say I approve of your lack of knowledge of the series, but come on, AC4 was on the PS2, not some obscure japan only console…. I guess it IS a niche game

#2 12 months ago
  3. RandomTiger

I would have been happy to shell out £40 for another of these games. Cant see myself parting with that much in terms of microtransations. I guess they want to broaden the audience, first they CoD’ised it (which I actually liked) and now give it away for free.

#3 12 months ago
  4. fihar

Great, gonna have to fly below 2000 feet again then.

#4 12 months ago
  5. SlayerGT

@1 THAT’S RIGHT..Gwyn..bleiddium…you will be my wingman! :p But seriously why free to play? To nickel and dime your hardcore fans? I don’t know how feel about this :/

#5 12 months ago
  6. GwynbleiddiuM

@6 Let’s not assume the worst just yet. Because I already have that shitty dogfight mode to be terrified of I don’t need anymore stuff to add on top of that.

I just hope that we are not required to pay for every damn plane and skin and upgrade.

#6 12 months ago
  7. absolutezero

I can’t wait for more Idolmaster planes.

#7 12 months ago
  8. SlayerGT

@Gwyn I swear if that COD on rail crap is in there I’m done with Ace. Fingers crossed. Hope to take breaks from GTA to fly sorties :)

#8 12 months ago