PS4 playable at Eurogamer Expo 2013, initial software line-up revealed

Thursday, 1st August 2013 14:00 GMT By Dave Cook

Eurogamer Expo 2013 organisers Gamer Network have just announced that PlayStation 4 will be playable to the public during the show. The initial list of playable games has also been revealed, revealing many big names on offer.

In a press release sent to VG247 this afternoon, Gamer Network confirmed that PS4 will be playable on the show floor. Gamers will also have a chance to try out Oculus Rift VR headsets during the event.

Titles confirmed for the show so far are:

• Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
  • Payday 2
  • PES 2014
  • Rocksmith
  • War for the Overworld
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order

More will follow.

Meanwhile, Sega is sponsoring this year’s Indie Games Arcade area while PC & indie titles will once again appear at the show’s Rezzed booth.

Games confirmed for the Rezzed area so far are:

• Democracy 3
  • Doctor Kvorak
  • Droid Assault
  • Frozen Endzone
  • Prison Architect
  • Redshirt
  • The Room 2
  • Stronghold: Crusader II
  • Ultratron

There will also be announcements regarding this year’s speaker sessions in due course. Stay tuned.

Eurogamer Expo 2013 takes place at Earl’s Court, London between Thursday September 26 to Sunday September 29. While both Super and Weekend passes are now sold out, you can still buy day passed for the Thursday and Friday here.

1. deathm00n

Let me ask again. I already posted on the forum, but everyone ignored me :(

Is there any chance that a minor game show like Brasil Game Show (BGS) will have a playable PS4? It’s going to be 25/10 – 29/10. Seeing that it will be avaiable at Eurogamer Expo I’m hoping it will be avaiable here too. I say it’s a minor game show, but it’s biggest of latin america.

#1 12 months ago
  2. viralshag

Well I know where I will be spending the early entry hours…

#2 12 months ago
  3. DrDamn

@deathm00n
    According to Google Translation and this web site – yes!

#3 12 months ago
  4. FuntimeBen

I’m impressed that these games will be playable on PS4?! That is a huge range of games, none of which have not gone gold yet. To show them running on the console is pretty incredible – if they are in fact running on the consoles.

Why can’t it be November so we can start playing with these things in our homes? …in our underpants as games were intended to be played!

#4 12 months ago
  5. Pytox

@4 well I guess PES 2014 wont be on PS4 as it won’t release on next gen

#5 12 months ago
  6. xino

PS4 is gonna be so packed man!
    the queue will be worst than wii u last year:(

they will have most of the games that were shown at this year’s E3, Gamescom and upcoming Pax

#6 12 months ago
  7. DrDamn

@4 & @5
    Two separate pieces of info. 1) A list of games at the expo and 2) The fact that PS4 will be playable. There is no list of games playable on PS4 at the expo yet.

#7 12 months ago
  8. Samoan Spider

As #2 says, I know where I’ll be spending the early hours. Hoping the XBO puts in a showing too. Should be a good show this year with the new consoles, and all for the ridiculously low ticket price :D

#8 12 months ago
  9. deathm00n

@DrDamn Thanks, Uol Jogos is a very reliable source. But it doesn’t mention if it will be playable. But being there is already great. BGS here I come!

#9 12 months ago
  10. jmg24bad

I wish I could go, that is a shit load of games to be able to play

#10 12 months ago