Thu, Aug 01, 2013 | 08:10 BST
Star Wars: Battlefront expected in 2015
EA has put a tentative release window on Battlefront, the first of multiple Star Wars projects the publisher has in the works.
Speaking to shareholders during a briefing call, as reported by Eurogamer, EA said the shooter is likely to hit in northern summer 2015.
“The first game that we’re focused on is Battlefront. It’s a traditional game that’s done extremely well and this will most likely come out around the same time as the Star Wars movies start to come out, probably in the summer of ’15,” EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said.
Jorgensen went on to mention a number of other Star Wars projects.
“We have partnered with Walt Disney and LucasFilm to develop a whole new generation of Star Wars games for the console as well as for mobile and handheld devices,” he said.
EA previously announced that Star Wars games are under development at Dead Space developer Visceral and Mass Effect developer BioWare, which was responsible for KOTOR and MMO The Old Republic.
Star Wars: Battlefront is in the works at DICE, but the team has promised it’s not a re-skinned Battlefield. It is the third Battlefront game and fondly called Battlefront 3 by fans, but is a reboot of the series and not the long-rumoured sequel.