Dragon Age: Inquisition – previous saves will “carry” and “matter”

Wednesday, 24th July 2013 17:53 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dragon Age saves will carry over into Inquisition, according to Bioware.

Speaking during a panel at PAX Australia, producer Cameron Lee said player decisions made in the previous two games will “carry” and “matter.”

“We know what we want to do,” he said. “It will absolutely come across – your decisions carry [and] will matter.”

“The goal,” added writer Patrick Weekes, “is that you can have an equally rich experience no matter which platform you’re playing on.”

“There will absolutely be some ties to some of the previous games, maybe some of the books or that sort of thing that you’ll recognize if you’ve played the previous games,” added community manager Chris Priestly, “but they’re not going to be reliant on the previous games.”

During the panel
which is now online through Gamespot
, the Dragon Age: Inquisition team also talked about the revamped dialogue system, and making sure the game contains the more tactical options that Origins contained.

Dragon Age: Inquisition will release in fall 2014 on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Thanks EG.

1. bradk825

What I wonder is what happens if you play it on Next-Gen? You can’t move over saved games if it’s on a new console. Will there be an ability to fill in those decisions manually?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Moonwalker1982

This news is fine and dandy, but i never bought DA2, nor do i intend to. I hope the third one is totally different compared to 2.

#2 1 year ago
  3. KineticCalvaria

@2, just as well really, its shit.

#3 1 year ago
  4. MFBB

#3 the game hasnt been shown yet so careful with what you say :)

Lets wait for some actual gameplay but I know where you are coming from.

Dragon Age 2 was such a crap game.

#4 1 year ago
  5. KineticCalvaria

@4 I meant DA2 is shite… although I’m cautiously optimistic about 3.

#5 1 year ago
  6. bradk825

I would have preferred to see them get back to choosing your between Human, Elf and Dwarf etc… I hope the game is really good. I would hate to see two titles in a row that are a step backwards from Origins, which set the bar very high.

#6 1 year ago
  7. fearmonkey

The game requires a EA account to play, so its possible they could use that somehow? Otherwise I am not sure how they could use saves from my Xbox 360 on my Xbox One or PS4 or even PC. It might be like MAss effect and you answer questions that give you sort of the same results?

I hope it’s more like Origins in that you have other characters you can play rather than just one choice.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Moonwalker1982

Its just weird how they could mess up DA2 so bad after Origins. That one was damn good, and except for the combat system, there was little wrong with that game. That’s not to say that the combat system was crap, but it just wasn’t for me at all.

#8 1 year ago
  9. jamesx

Matter like how saves from 1 and 2 mattered for ME3?

#9 1 year ago
  10. Joe_Gamer

“It will absolutely come across – your decisions carry [and] will matter.”
    -Well that’s nice, it would be nicer if DA 2 actually HAD any choices that might matter, but whatever.

“There will absolutely be some ties to some of the previous games, maybe some of the books or that sort of thing that you’ll recognize if you’ve played the previous games, but they’re not going to be reliant on the previous games.”
    -Sooo what your saying here is that the choices we made WONT actually matter but we might recognize some books and shit? Taking communication lessons from Microsoft now eh Bioware?

“The goal is that you can have an equally rich experience no matter which platform you’re playing on.”
    -Oh great, so the PC version is gonna be a sad shadow of what it could have been…Another Bioware monument to “could have been” greatness and failed potential…

#10 1 year ago
  11. Grey Dowhawkiin

But there is a downside, if you make i choice to import save from Dragon Age 2 your character starts with 40% less brain processing speed and you lose 20-80 IQ points depending if you played DLCs or not……xD

#11 7 months ago
  12. antraxsuicide

I really don’t get the hate for DA2. (Well, I do, but I think it’s stupid). The first game gave you zero choice, just like the second one. The only difference is the illusion of choice in the first one that they got rid of in the second one. Same as ME.

The only flaw with the 2nd game is no playable races. They’ve brought that back in the 3rd one (and added Qunari to boot) so I’m not worried at all.

#12 7 months ago
  13. sebastien rivas

Wrong, videos of the game alphas were shown last summer. And yes I do fear the same as @3 because one of the video shown a Qunari bashing an AI enemy holding a tower shield down to the ground and down to china or so to speak, this is very relevant for 8 years old candy eyes “woww factor” but very wary for older gamers at many levels. Once of which is if the Qunari can bash down so hard, how a dragon can stand up to the Qunari? How can a god stand up to the Qunari?
    Second dilemma but yet it was only alpha and it was about the sequence animation was perfectly done for the qunari but the arcs again were for 8 years old “look at me, I hold a massive weapon and I am so quick in release and so strong”.

I bare hopes for DA3 and am ready to throw my wallet out for it + all DLCs and perhaps even more, yet, I am extremely cautious and mark my word, I will investigate ALL video out there before purchasing. It is going to be “all or nothing at all”.

#13 7 months ago