Saints Row 4 – Johnny Gat is back

Tuesday, 16th July 2013 17:43 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Johnny Gat is back in Saints Row 4. Deep Silver posted the image below on Twitter, so this should please fans of the series. Saints Row 4 launches August 20 across North and Latin America and August 23 in the rest of the world on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

1. Pytox

thats a huge pic

#1 1 year ago
  2. JimFear-666

fuck yeah

#2 1 year ago
  3. Sylrissa

Hell yes!, I’m curious how they are going to explain this, considering what happened in SR3, but I’m glad to see Johnny Gat back in SR4

#3 1 year ago
  4. Aullah

Im sorry, but wasnt he the one who died at the begging of the 3rd? sorry for the spoilers.

#4 1 year ago
  5. The_Red

SR4 takes place inside virtual reality, so I don’t think that’s gonna be too much a problem. Also, need to finish SR3 soon!

#5 1 year ago
  6. DSB

Looks to me like SR4 stands a chance at righting some of the wrongs of SR3.

@4 Given how clumsy the storyline was, I don’t think it’s gonna be a problem to bring him back.

The “good” ending of SR3 seemed to suggest that none of what happened, actually happened.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Ireland Michael

@3 A wizard did it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. TheWulf

!!!

#8 1 year ago
  9. TheWulf

Likewise, I’m actually curious as to what completely silly reason they’re going to have for this. I expect to be amused, and I probably will be.

#9 1 year ago
  10. azrael8577

Johnny Gat AND the Ultimate Warrior coming back to games?
    Who’s next?

#10 1 year ago
  11. Christopher Jack

Meh, series became too stupid, even by my standards, after 2.

#11 1 year ago
  12. NeoSquall

OH YES!

#12 1 year ago
  13. TheWulf

I think that awareness is linked to intelligence, and many of the best works are self-aware to a degree. Not breaking the fourth wall, but understanding of being actors on a stage. Saints Row the Third has that knowing grin with everything it does.

To the contrary, something like GTA IV? GTA IV feels like a teenager’s bad arse fantasy. They want to kill people, and they want to be a grown up, but they want to be a “good boy,” too. And there you have all of the core elements of Niko Bellic. That, to me, is less intelligent by far.

I suppose it comes down to tastes, but I want my characters to be at least somewhat aware of the world around them, as otherwise they’re just zombies. And I’m fed up of both people and characters fulfilling that role, I’m sick to my stomach of that. I really am. You have no idea.

So awareness === intelligence. Saints Row the Third is actually quite aware. It’s just intelligent in a way that’s easily overlooked by a pseudo-intellectual person dismissing it as peurile. But when you look at how they handle the humour, and how targetless and inoffensive it is whilst still conveying all the right messages (such as the characters being complete sociopaths, and not nice guys at all) then… yeah. I say that’s more intelligent.

I guess what I see as intelligent is uncomfortable though, because of its awareness. The characters are aware of how horrible they are, and I guess some people don’t want that, instead preferring the Bellic approach.

Well, whatevs, I suppose!

#13 1 year ago
  14. Sylrissa

To each their own of course, we all have different tastes.

But personally I lost interest in GTA after playing GTAIV, and so far GTAV has done nothing to bring me back, looks boring imo.

#14 1 year ago