Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition coming free with a range of Nvidia GeForce cards

Tuesday, 9th July 2013 10:13 GMT By Dave Cook

Splinter Cell Blacklist publisher Ubisoft and Nvidia have entered a deal that will see the game’s deluxe edition given away with certain GeForce graphics cards.

In a press release sent to VG247 this morning, Nvidia confirmed it is working with Ubisoft Toronto to enhance the PC build of its game, using Direct X tessellation, NVIDIA HBAO+, TXAA antialiasing and surround technologies, all of which mean nothing to me frankly.

From today, anyone buying a GeForce GTX 660, 660 Ti, 670, 680, 760, 770, or 780 card from a participating stockist will receive a copy of Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition on PC for free when it launches August 20 across North America, and August 23 across Europe.

You can get a list of participating partners here.

Tempted? Let us know below.

1. rapsound

Only fools believe they get free games with the a range of Nvidia GeForce cards. There’s no such thing as ‘free’

#1 1 year ago
  2. CyberMarco

@1 Well, I got a Mafia 2 copy when I bought the GTX 470, and another one for the GTX 480, so yeah that free game was an illusion!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Smashwa

I think the point he was making was that you probably paid a premium in the first place… or some other such marketing gimmick that tricks sheep such as yourself into believing that they actually got something for nothing.

#3 1 year ago
  4. CyberMarco

I didn’t buy an Nvidia card for the free game, it didn’t make me choose Nvidia for that reason, I didn’t know I was getting a free game until I registered the card.

Yeah, I believe it’s a bit in-genuine to buy a high-end GPU just to get a 40-50$ game for free.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Mike

Cool. Getting a 770 next month. :)

#5 1 year ago
  6. MrWaffles

This kind of incentives are always targeted towards first-time buyers, a bundled game makes the choice easier for those looking to “test” their card right out of the box.

Is it a cheap strategy, I’d say it mostly depends on the game, some of these are of really high value if bought near launch date.

#6 1 year ago