Infamous: Second Son video shows PS4 gameplay

Friday, 28th June 2013 16:03 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A gameplay video for inFamous: Second Son is below, showing off 1080p PS4 gameplay. It doesn’t look familiar, but if it is old, enjoy the refresh anyway. Thanks, OPM. Second Son is expected next year.

1. Gheritt White

Yeah, this was the gameplay demo they released during E3. This video basically single-handedly made me want to go PS4 over Xbone.

2. OlderGamer

The game is listed as a April 2014 release in the US. And your right GW, nice looking game. But I am thinking I am going to wait for a few things to come out before I take the PS4 plunge.

3. DrDamn

I didn’t rate the inFamous series when I first played it – the demo wasn’t great. Got it free after the PSN outage and then inFamous 2 on PS+. Went back and played the original eventually finishing it. It was a flawed gem with some control and mission issues but really great build up of powers and a fantastic story. I went straight into inFamous 2 on finishing 1 and loved it. Controlled better, missions were much better, city better structured with three distinct areas and a similarly fantastic story. So this is now on my most wanted list and it looks great.

4. reask

@ DrDamn.
    Opposite for me.
    I enjoyed the first one and got 2 free on plus and couldnt get in to it.
    I must give it another try.

5. fearmonkey

I never played this series but I am looking forward to it. I love prototype and crackdown, and this is that style, looks great.

6. GameStunts

I’m enjoying Infamous 2 just now, and I sort of hate my nit-picking eye for seeing these things, but a few things jumped out at me during the video.

The first one was that really low polygon shoe he’s wearing at 16 seconds InfamousShoe

The second was at 2:35 when he jumps towards the guys shooting RPGs at him, there’s an ally in the background that had come terribly visible asset draw in. I’ve done 3 screenshots, but if you watch the video at this time code http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXz-DAPjsY&t=2m35s and keep an eye on it, it’s very obvious.
    Infamousdraw1
    Infamousdraw2
    Infamousdraw3

I just thought this might not be such an issue for the newer machines.

Still I’m excited about Infamous Second Son and PS4, and this gameplay looks fun above anything else! :)

7. Phoenixblight

Plugging your own website, I see.

BTW this game still has at least 9 months of development all those things you listed would be part of optimization which typically happens at the end of development which this game is not at.

8. Lengendaryboss

@4 I loved the first one, second one had something off about it, i don’t know: still good game. I’m interested in seeing where this goes.

9. GameStunts

@7 Edited with href tags for your fragile eyes. Was not my intention to plug my very obviously broken site that hasn’t been updated in about 9 months and would quite literally serve no purpose to promote.

I would have also accepted “paying for your own image hosting I see.”

10. Francis O

Looks ok, still a 3rd person shooter made a bit more interesting. I still need to beat the second one. Platinumed the first game.

11. monkeygourmet

I still think this guy looks like Kevin Bacons love child…

12. DrDamn

Yeah I think that’s just a little bit on the nitpicking side for a title still a way from release :)

13. Maguire82

Looks good but I couldn’t get into Imfamous I played it for a bit but it didn’t grip me.

14. ninjanutta

seriously great ip that got overlooked by many,ive played and loved both and cant wait to play this,it will be the game that suckerpunch always wanted to do but didnt have the tech..I honesstly can say that this for me is a system seller above killzone and i love killzone..A real killer ip for sony and in time this game will show off the ps4 tech nicely considering its a launch title as far as i know…
    I cant praise it enough…Also i loved prototype but always thought infamous was far more likable for story and characters,much more fleshed out and fun to play even beyond the campaign…Anyone with ps plus should grab infamous 2 now if its still available and enjoy a true Gem from the ps3 era…
    Wow i sounded really fanboyish there but i do rate this shit,thats all.
    LOL
    Also @6???You need to get a grip mate,its no even finished yet and your scoping out the tiny details already?lol..Give them a chance to finish the code,bug test and sell the bloody game before you do your damning review on draw diatance etc

15. pandulce1

Draw-in and frame drops are never going away. The new systems are more capable, but they are also doing more work. Developers usually try to push hardware as much as possible. If they release Infamous 2 at 1080p60 everyone would say “it looks just like a PS3″.

16. YoungZer0

I just hope they fix the ai/difficulty. The previous games had some of the laziest ai/difficulty spikes ever.

Enemies that were dumb as fuck yet had deadly accuracy, who could see through walls, throw projectiles at you that would always hit, no matter where you’d stand. In the first one it was those damn Snipers, the second one had even more of those lazy enemies.

Try harder making it actually hard.

Oh, and make the character less sticky. I can’t remember how many times I just wanted to go down and my character would try to stick himself to as many places as possible. More control would be nice here.

And some alternative skins. Those are always nice. Can’t imagine playing inFamous 2 as the original Cole and not the reaper.