Retro City Rampage 75% off on Steam, update 1.11 adds mod support, more

Tuesday, 25th June 2013 20:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Retro City Rampage has been updated on Steam with mod support and some added color. Update 1.11 allows players to create new vehicles, characters, “fonts and color palettes.” It also comes with the Retro +1 graphics mode which gives you better shadow effects. The original 8-bit mode is still available. The game is currently the deal of the day on Steam, making it a steal at 75% off for the next 20 or so hours. It will run you £2.99/$3.74 during that time.

1. DSB

Worth it.

2. The_Red

Absolutely. I just hope that for the sequel, they go full M rated. For some odd reason, I’d like to imagine a crossover between that and Hotline Miami 2 (Which, holy shit looks even more AWESOME).

3. YoungZer0

I remember playing it and thinking: Oh my god, it’s so full of homages to better games, I think I rather play those instead.

4. Red Beast

Exactly.
    This game seriously lacks originality!

5. CyberMarco

Get it from the website (for the same price) and support the dev, get it DRM free + Steam key – http://www.retrocityrampage.com/buy.php

You can also get a DRM Free copy + GOG copy if you prefer that and dont like Steam for some reason.

6. DSB

@3 On what? Your NES? :P

@4 I’m pretty sure that was kinda the point though.

7. YoungZer0

@5: I mean the GTA series for example.

@6: Lack of originality was their point? If that’s the case, then I guess they succeeded.

8. DSB

I think your mileage may vary according to expectations.

Personally I don’t view it as something that was ever supposed to be “the ultimate modern gaming experience” but rather as a joke that homages the NES/SMS era.

It’s a bit like playing adventure games to me. It captures a time and a place that isn’t really popular anymore.

9. polygem

this game is great. playing it on the vita right now, payed full price and don’t regret it. this and hotline miami are the most fun games i played in a while…bring on more of this stuff.

#9 1 year ago