Battlefield 4: leaked screens show boat customisation – rumour

Sunday, 16th June 2013 23:36 GMT By Ewan Miller

You’ll be able to customise your vehicle’s weapons, optics and even paint colour in Battlefield 4, leaked screenshots suggest.

The screens have surfaced on NeoGAF and although they look pretty slick, we can’t verify them.

The screenshots show not only battle tanks and helicopters being sent in for an overhaul, but even the boat, warfare’s deadliest tool.

In addition to equipping your very own boat with lock-on anti-aircraft missiles and infrared defeating smoke, it can also be dressed up in 12 camouflage patterns, including “Starbust Desert” and my personal colours, “Turtle Autumn”. I just know a giant turtle coloured boat wouldn’t look out of place on the blue-orange battlefields of Battlefield.

Thanks, PC Gamer.

1. ps3fanboy

two words guys.. nickel & dime. this is for sure gonna be dlc you gotta pay for.. this is just another rape attempt on gamers wallet and gaming.

#1 1 year ago
  2. POOP CRUSTY

Either that or a way to put micro transactions in BF4

#2 1 year ago
  3. ps3fanboy

micro transactions=wallet rape and game destroyer, enuff said… another game series gone to hell..

#3 1 year ago
  4. DSB

Hopefully it’ll remember your choices this time around.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

@PS3fanboy
    Can you please not use “Rape attempt” in that scenario (or any), its very offending.

#5 1 year ago
  6. ps3fanboy

@5 micro transaction is offending bro… it is like rape when you have payed 60 dollars for a game you should get all of the game. and you find out you don’t… it feels like you have been raped and robbed at the same time as a customer.. you sit there with the game disc in hand and looking at the screen, and you see you can’t get the stuff if you don’t pay more… it is shit bro.. its not acceptable. just saying it shouldnt be like that, period.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Crussong

@ps3fanboy
    No. This will be part of the game. Some things, like more skins/camouflage, weapons and stuff will be unlocked by playing the game. Its the same way it was in Battlefield 3 with the weapons, dogtags and new firemodes for vehicles. I guess there will be those so called “shortcuts”, but these are optional. So cut your “EA is the worst, blablabla” crap, please.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Lengendaryboss

@PS3fanboy
    Rape is a very serious and delicate topic which shouldn’t be compared to what you’re expectations of Micro-transactions are, it nots cool, its not acceptable and shouldn’t be used in that scenario, period.

#8 1 year ago
  9. ps3fanboy

@7 Crussong, hey if people dont have to pay for it i am fine with it… no problem there. if i have payed 60 dollars for it and come home and start playing and see they try selling me shit like skins and crap. that should be as unlockable in the game… and it is blinking me in the face like some goddamn neon lights… i will get serious pissed off because that feels like i have been raped off, you know its not acceptable. if they put some god damn effort in some extra maps and shit, its ok… but micro rape fucking transaction is not acceptable at all. i dont bend over and put my ass in the air and let me be shit all over because of ea… no gamers should have to. fuck… it is us gamers that is paying for their pay check, give us the respect we deserve as customers is all i say.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Bill_E_Talent

I saw a mention of “Battle Packs” in a BF4 thread that would contain random items ie weapon camo’s etc. Sounded very reminiscent of the different “packs” offered in Mass Effect 3′s co-op mode. I imagine this will be the means by which EA will implement microtransactions into BF4, and just like ME3, I am sure that said “Battle Packs” will also be earned via some other in-game currency.

Just my two cents.

#10 1 year ago
  11. ps3fanboy

@10 thanks for clarifying, i will not buy this game then i will not let me be raped by ea.. i am not a dumb sheep that put my money up front for anything they make… rip battlefield.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Bill_E_Talent

@11 Well, to be fair, that’s strictly speculation on my part. So until something is actually announced, nothing is certain.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Battler624

VG247, Can you please higher resolution pictures? for example put this
    and not this

its kind of hard to see on a 24″ inch 1440P monitor :(

#13 1 year ago
  14. Ewan Miller

@13 Sorry, first day on the job! Blown them up to roughly 720p now, should be better. Sadly there’s no proper high res leak of the shots, it’s a shame for such a nice looking game to seem so blurry.

#14 1 year ago
  15. G1GAHURTZ

First day?

Are you in Australia?

ps There is a typo in the title…

#15 1 year ago
  16. Ewan Miller

@15 What typo? ;p

Thanks!

#16 1 year ago
  17. NightCrawler1970

Uhm i don’t see any AA shells on that site.. do you?

#17 1 year ago
  18. backup

BF3 = 24/32
    BF4 = 32
    MAG = 256
    PC failure is seen here LMAO

#18 1 year ago
  19. wickedcricket

we’ll see about that as Alpha starts today!!! (oh and I got an invite) :D

#19 1 year ago
  20. NightCrawler1970

@18, i have to admit, when i was playing MAG, imaging 256 players, thats a shit-storm of bullets and granates all over the place.. BF and MW wasn’t capable to do with there games… pitty…

#20 1 year ago
  21. A2ra3l

These pictures are straight from the Alpha demo at E3, I was watching levelcaps youtube videos of BF4 last night and he has a whole video captured from E3 of him going through the available customisation for the vehicles and the pics above look like they have been screencapped straight out of that video. Whether it is going to be paid content in the final game or not will be seen on release but it is definately real

#21 1 year ago
  22. raiden232

this game gonna be pretty sick – screens are real

#22 1 year ago
  23. DSB

@20 Planetside was doing 400 a decade ago.

I agree though, it does add an awesome feel to a game.

#23 1 year ago
  24. MCTJim

I dont care about the micro transactions..I do not buy anything extra other than the map packs…its all moot unless they let us have our own lobbies ala CoD or Halo. I refuse to buy the game based on that I have to pay for a private server to get all my buddies in the lobby….BC2 got it right with allowing lobbies to be hosted..then here comes BF3 and we have to pay for it..pfffttttt to it.

#24 1 year ago