The Order: 1886 screens show futuristic weapons, a hansom cab

Wednesday, 12th June 2013 15:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony Santa Monica and Ready At Dawn’s PS4 game The Order: 1886 has some new screenshots available below. This one really caught my eye during the Sony E3 press conference. Seemed to check all the boxes for me, but I still want to see more of it first. You can find out more on the game through a previous post on the matter, and look at the trailer shown. More information on the game is promised at a later date.

1. machy

looks quite quince

2. KAP

I seriously can’t wait for this title.. Victorian London with beasts of the night… YES!!!

3. The_Red

I really didn’t like the trailer but Ready freakint At Dawn + Victorian Steampunk? Shut up and take my money!

4. KineticCalvaria

I liked the look of this… until the guns came out. Was hoping it’d be classic sword and pistols kinda game.

5. Stephany Nunneley

@2 Indeed! It reminded me of what I had hoped the Van Helsing movie would have been but only in a game – so yeah. PS4 purchase validated! :D

6. Kyle Jackson

Oh man that ‘shut up & take my money’ comment I see everywhere, just let it die ffs.

7. Erthazus

I liked how that game looked.

But at the same time there was “Fuck you, we have no gameplay to show you, so watch another pre-rendered footage and also, fuck you.”

So what’s the point?

8. manamana

Trailer looked great and I’m glad that it’s not yet another space-marine shooter but what the heck is the story behind this stuff? It’s like, hey ,we show you our next-gen graphics engine, slap a games-title on it, and leave it at that.

9. Gheritt White

Def up my alley and no mistake.

10. CyberMarco

@7 Hype?

11. manamana

@1 lol! Why quince? I prefer persimmon.

12. Gekidami

“Our game models and our cinematic models are one and the same, and everything is rendered real time in the engine as you play the game. The trailer we presented is a great example of that. What you saw is running in-engine, in-game with no gimmicks. These visuals are what you can expect of the final game when you play it.”

13. Sylrissa

@12 Glad to hear that we can expect the same level of fidelity when the game actually comes out.

14. SplatteredHouse

Although it’s more on The Order, I was hoping for more than trailer stills in these screens.

15. CyberMarco

ZOMG! *-*

16. manamana

You must be a very sad and angry person, Da Man. I don’t recall a single positive comment from you.

Yes, yes, now you can troll my comment down to your likeing. I wont bother looking into this thread again. Was just pointing out the obvious.

17. Cort

@17 Just look under any MS story. He is the one vociferously defending DRM, used game fees, persistent Kinect, 24-hour check-ins….

Spotting a pattern yet?

18. Cort

Can you post that again? I just got “blah blah blah”.

19. Ireland Michael

@21 Provoking him is only filling the thread up with more crap.

20. Cort

Sorry Da Man, still just getting “blah blah blah”. Maybe you need a new keyboard? I’d certainly look into it before people start to miss your valuable contributions to the various debates. But I’m sure G1GA will be along soon to helpfully decode your comments for the benefit of everyone else who is so keen to absorb the focused and informed analysis.

21. GwynbleiddiuM

@16 I can’t believe myself for saying this but I actually agree with you on that one.

22. Cort

@25 Don’t know what you said there mate (just got “blah blah blah”) but I’ll assume you got my message.

Hope to see you back later when the problem is fixed.

23. Ireland Michael

@27 *headdesk*

24. Cort

@28 I don’t think you’re taking this situation seriously Michael. This poor guy is having problems communicating. He needs help.

25. Ireland Michael

@29 When you throw something on compost and let it rot for a while, it usually turns into compost itself.

And one pile of shit in the post is enough. We don’t need two.

26. Cort

@30 I like you Michael, but don’t be a pious, hypocritical cunt. I’ve seen you extend comment strings by dozens of posts when you get a bee under your bonnet with someone. So don’t lecture me when I have a little bit of fun with a troll. Okay?

27. Ireland Michael

@31 Guilty as charged… if you take a Tardis back to 2010 or so.

Not saying I may not have had a heated discussion or two since then, but I realised how pointless that shit was years ago. Christ, I don’t even yawn at Call of Duty news anymore. =P

28. Cort

No you’ve done it much more recently than that. And I did not lecture you like a sanctimonious ass. Let’s leave that sort of thing to the owner of this site, G1GAHURTZ. His house, his rules.

29. Ireland Michael

@33 I just think the threads would be better served if they weren’t getting cluttered up with this stuff.

Bur okay. *shrugs*

30. polygem

i like the artdesign. want to see more from this title BUT in the trailer…WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HORSES? i only checked my phone for a sec and then they were gone. same fate as the coachman?