The Last Guardian development “alive and kicking”, says Yoshida

Wednesday, 12th June 2013 12:22 GMT By Dave Cook

The Last Guardian was an E3 no-show on PS4, but Sony’s president of Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed that the game’s development is “alive and kicking”.

Speaking with CVG, the exec said, “It’s alive and kicking in terms of development,” and added, “If you visit Japan Studio there are lots of people working on it.

“But as [designer Fumito Ueda] shared with people a couple of months ago, we really want to be confident next time when we introduce The Last Guardian to the public, so we are waiting for that time to come.”

It goes against what SCEA boss Jack Tretton said yesterday. twice now that Yoshida has confirmed the game is still in development.

What do you make of the game’s protracted development time?

Thanks GI.biz.

1. OmegaSlayer

Under an oxygen tent maybe.
    I heard the Dragonthingamabob got a cold and Sony didn’t know how to cure him.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Kieran

I had a strong feeling it was going to be a no show but i thought sony other exclusive AGENT would of been shown

#2 11 months ago
  3. machy

TGC .. I can see it happening, they need to save some for the home land JP

#3 11 months ago
  4. KAP

There’s still Gamescom and TGS.. E3 isn’t the be all and end all of announements.
    History of game reveals would tell you that…

#4 11 months ago
  5. Hunam

I’m fairly certain Agent is long dead.

#5 11 months ago
  6. CyberMarco

Being so much hyped for the PS4 (thanks KH3!) I wont be so bothered if this game releases on the PS4 too.

#6 11 months ago
  7. Kieran

@5 safe 2 say it is not one thing about it in ages but i thought since microsoft showed a lot of exclusives i thought sony wouldv 2 e.g AGENT

#7 11 months ago
  8. backup

it’s coming that’s for sure
    team ICO will make it worth the wait
    i trust ICO

#8 11 months ago
  9. polygem

@6: same here CM. have you decided yet if you´ll “jump in” (lol) at launch…or will you pick one up later after the first price drop. for 399 i´m in at launch for sure.

#9 11 months ago
  10. dizzygear

You know what? I stopped caring about this game already.

#10 11 months ago
  11. CyberMarco

I’ll probably get the PS4 whenever KH3 :D FF XV or MGS5 launch day-1. Probably it wont happen until or even after late 2014, maybe 2015. For now I’ll try to clear my back-log on the PS3 and Steam, also try to play as much as possible the games offered from PS+ too!

I’m also thinking to buy a PS Vita next year, probably on spring/summer, so I’ll be set for remote play too.

#11 11 months ago
  12. polygem

okeydokey – good call

#12 11 months ago
  13. Ireland Michael

Stop it Sony. My old heart can’t take the stress!

#13 11 months ago
  14. Gnosis

Well, it’s not like I’m not used to waiting. As long as they actually release it, I don’t care.

#14 11 months ago
  15. zinc

The PS3 tech demo coming to PS4 in 2015!

Maybe…

Don’t get your hopes up…

#15 11 months ago
  16. Cort

Oh for the love of….

Just let it die. Please. When has such a delay ever delivered a good game?

#16 11 months ago