Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, which you already know about, was shown first thing when EA started off its conference. The PopCap game will come first to Xbox One and then Xbox 360 and its a multiplayer, third-person action game you can play with up to three of your friends for some four-player action. A video, screens and some key facts are available below.
During the video below you can get a glimpse of a number of new plants and get an idea for how this new style of gameplay works. It’s PopCap’s first core-style action title.
The new take apparently pays “faithful homage” to the tower defence original and is powered by Frostbite 3. It has four-player co-op and 24 -player competitive modes. Here’s the official rundown:
- Powerful new plants and zombies with a wide variety of abilities
- Choose your side, plants or zombies, in 24-player battle mode
- Join forces with friends in 4-player online cooperative mode
- Personalize your favorite plants and zombies with hundreds of unique items and customizations
- Features over 10 unique multiplayer and cooperative battlegrounds
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.