Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare coming first to Xbox One, then Xbox 360

Monday, 10th June 2013 21:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, which you already know about, was shown first thing when EA started off its conference. The PopCap game will come first to Xbox One and then Xbox 360 and its a multiplayer, third-person action game you can play with up to three of your friends for some four-player action. A video, screens and some key facts are available below.

During the video below you can get a glimpse of a number of new plants and get an idea for how this new style of gameplay works. It’s PopCap’s first core-style action title.

The new take apparently pays “faithful homage” to the tower defence original and is powered by Frostbite 3. It has four-player co-op and 24 -player competitive modes. Here’s the official rundown:

• Powerful new plants and zombies with a wide variety of abilities
  • Choose your side, plants or zombies, in 24-player battle mode
  • Join forces with friends in 4-player online cooperative mode
  • Personalize your favorite plants and zombies with hundreds of unique items and customizations
  • Features over 10 unique multiplayer and cooperative battlegrounds

1. Ireland Michael

…that actually looks kind of fun.

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Yep, awesome! Like Monday Night Combat.

#2 1 year ago
  3. ps3fanboy

it looks cute… can’t deny that.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Phoenixblight

Definitely will play the shit out of this.

#4 1 year ago
  5. PEYJ

Another Xbox exclusive? WTH happened to EA?

#5 1 year ago
  6. Rikki

This game looks surprisingly awesome!

#6 1 year ago
  7. Joe Anderson

Not sure this is exclusive to Xbox One. Peter Moore said at the start they’d all come to PS4 and Xbox One. Will need to clarify I reckon.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Phoenixblight

Its coming first to Xbox One and 360.

#8 1 year ago
  9. TheBlackHole

Thought it would be terrible. Actually looks AWESOME! :)

#9 1 year ago
  10. Rafa_L

I enjoyed it, looks fun.

#10 1 year ago
  11. silkvg247

lol @ chick being a healer. Fucks sake. :p

#11 1 year ago
  12. DuckOfDestiny

Did anyone else here the Battlefield music at 2:52?

#12 1 year ago
  13. monkeygourmet

My girlfriend and I cracked up at that bit! Lol typical! :D

#13 1 year ago
  14. viralshag

I think this looks like a load of fun. I liked it.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Erthazus

In my opinion this look dull. More like Team Fortress 2 Rip Off with F2P element.

#15 1 year ago
  16. OlderGamer

I have to agree with some of you folks, this looks fun to me too. And yeah I am surprised too. I was expecting to be let down.

#16 1 year ago
  17. fihar

Yeah, it’s nice to see that the charm wasn’t lost during the transition.

#17 1 year ago
  18. polygem

still nothing about a ps4 version? i mean it´ll obviously come to the ps4 at some point and will only be a timed exclusive but i am really looking forward to this game! i have no plans to buy an x1…sold my 360 as well now (i think i´m really done with ms). plan to get those current gen/nextgen Xover titles for the new systems anyway. i want to move on badly…i can´t wait for the new UI and the new controller, just crave a new console really.
    this and destiny have been the only e3 shooters that catched my interest.

i am really moving away from the triple a recently. so much more fun to be found in games like this and even smaller ones.

i must admit that i never played plants vs zombie before, thought the game looked interesting but when i watched gameplay it looked a bit boring to me…just downloaded it yesterday anyway. now that i am finally playing it: it´s crazy good. flawless game. so much fun it´s insane really. silly me.

#18 12 months ago
  19. Sylrissa

I’ll wait for it to come to PC myself, but does look some silly fun.

#19 12 months ago
  20. polygem

indeed. has written FUN all over it!

#20 12 months ago