Daylight: Unreal Engine 4 game confirmed for PS4, E3 trailer released

Friday, 7th June 2013 11:46 GMT By Dave Cook

Daylight developer Zombie Studios has announced that it’s Unreal Engine 4-powered thriller is heading to PS4 as well as PC.

The game was previously announced for Steam back in March and you can watch the announce trailer here.

The E3 trailer is posted below alongside some new screens.

The game contains a “share” feature to stream gameplay to friends allowing you to “scare them.” It also makes use of the PS Eye camera to take pictures of scare moments which can also be shared.

It also makes use of RealD 3D to make things even more scary. It will have alot of “scared” in it, apparently.

Daylight will be released digitally through PS4 and PC, and is slated for Q1 2014.

1. The_Red

Anyone else felt odd that there were two horror themed, next gen horror games starting with D and having Light in their names (Daylight and Dying Light) were on GTTV?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Clupula

Not only was I underwhelmed by this announcement (I was really hoping it was Persona 5), I also couldn’t tell that this was different from Dying Light.

#2 1 year ago
  3. The_Red

Yeah, it was super weird. The way Atlus was teasing it and then it turned out to be a horror game called Daylight which was not shown but then a similar one titled Dying Light (from Warner) got a reveal trailer… WTF?

#3 1 year ago
  4. backup

looks like every game coming to PS4

#4 1 year ago
  5. Clupula

@3 – It reminds me of those two PC games, WarZ and DayZ, which, to this day, since I don’t play PC games, I don’t know the difference between. I know one was a rip off of the other and cheated people who bought it on Steam, but I’d have a 50/50 chance to getting it wrong if you asked me which one.

#5 1 year ago
  6. powerbuoy

DayZ is the masterpiece, WarZ is the cheap knockoff.

#6 1 year ago
  7. superjay779

i’m hoping for way better exclusives

#7 1 year ago
  8. WENDiGO

@7 I’d say there are more but for now we get smaller titles to bring a different variety to the platform.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Stephany Nunneley

Post updated with release date and a couple other nuggets.

#9 1 year ago
  10. TD_Monstrous69

Good to see Daylight’s coming to the PS4. Looks awesome. Is it me, or does it just seem like Sony’s done an excellent job at bringing content to the PS4?

#10 1 year ago