Tales of Symphonia Chronicles announced for PS3, heading west in 2014

Saturday, 1st June 2013 15:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Namco Bandai have announced the Tales of Symphonia: Unisonant Pack for Japan, which will include HD Remasters of Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. It will land in Japan on October 10. There’s good news for those in west out this announcement: the pack will also be released outside of Japan during 2014 and will be known as Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.

According to Siliconera, the HD remasters will include new cut-ins for Artes and costumes from Tales of the Abyss.

Namco is also planning on releasing a Lalabit Market limited edition which comes with five figurines, a novel and a box drawn by Ufotable for 9,980 yen.

No word just yet on a similar edition for the west.

A trailer for the pack is posted below.

1. Francis O

This is great news indeed!

#1 1 year ago
  2. Astaroth

Great, I’ve been wanting to finish Tales of Symphonia for ages. I played it years ago with one of my ex-girlfriends. Sadly the game was longer than our relationship and I never got to finish it…

#2 1 year ago
  3. Sini

shoulda been on vita

#3 1 year ago
  4. Astaroth

@Sini It might have remote play or crossplay features. We do not know yet.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Hunam

Why does it take so long to translate a game that has already been translated and release it west?

#5 1 year ago
  6. orakaa

In fact… it’s coming to the West… which is a very good news :D

#6 1 year ago
  7. Clupula

@3 – Fuck that. I’m super glad to see it’s on a console, as I’ve never played either of these before. I can’t believe this is the same Namco that a few years back, we couldn’t even get an answer from them on future Tales games.

I thank Ninja Theory for making Enslaved such a flop that they started to pay attention to the Japanese division again.

#7 1 year ago
  8. JGMR

@3 Yep. I agree totally. The game would look absolutely fantastic on the Vita’s OLED-display…

#8 1 year ago
  9. xino

win for me!

i loved this game on Gamecub, even though I sold everything I still have a Memory card with TOS game save and I was working on Manna mode.

i was actually planning how i would get this game again because it was so bloody rare and expensive.
    i was evening i might have to get a wii or wiiu just for this game.

but AMAZING that it comes out for ps3, now I don’t have to get wii/wiiu.
    plus i can finally play the sequel.

the only thing i love about this game is the combat!

#9 1 year ago
  10. loveaya

@Astaroth, sad story…

#10 1 year ago
  11. Clupula

@2 – I don’t think a 40 hour relationship really counts as a relationship.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Gregard

@11 – Took me 70-80 to finish it the first time on hard mode :P I didn’t leave anything behind :)

#12 1 year ago