Batman Arkham Origins: full trailer, screens & box-art released

Monday, 20th May 2013 14:08 GMT By Dave Cook

Batman: Arkham Origins developer Warner Montreal has released the game’s full trailer, following a Deathstroke-flavoured teaser last week.

What do you think? Joystiq reports that Warner Montreal has also confirmed that the voice of Ezio from Assassin’s Creed 2 onwards, Roger Craig Smith, is playing Batman – contrary to rumours that Kevin Conroy was back as Batman.

Conroy is doing a voice in the game however, so it remains to be seen who he’s playing. In addition to these two, Booker DeWitt voice actor Troy Baker is playing The Joker.

We’ve also got the game’s official box art and more new screens below:

Note the pre-order sticker. If you lay down an order for the game now you can get free DLC that lets you play as Deathstroke. Get the details here.

1. HOBO

AAAAAAAAw yiss
    Cant wait to kick some death stroke ass as the goddamn BATMAN
    And vice versa

#1 11 months ago
  2. tezzer1985

It’s coming out for the Wii U…which is good to see.

#2 11 months ago
  3. CyberMarco

I wonder when we’ll see graphics like these in-game…

#3 11 months ago
  4. hives

It’s nice that Deathstroke is only for challenge maps. And I like the fact that we probably won’t have any “save the Gotham” story, just “beat the guys who are hunting you” :)

Also – the box. Queen. Green Arrow confirmed? :P That would be awesome. After watching Arrow tv series I’d love a game with this hero in style of Arkham series.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Hunam

When we break into 4K resolution territory.

#5 11 months ago
  6. MegaGeek1

Take my money you fools! Take it all!!

Make this a feature length film and take some more!

#6 11 months ago
  7. Samoan Spider

@4 Yes, I’m with you on that one. Would love to play Green Arrow even if just in challenge maps. If just to continually shout ‘You have failed this city!’ :)

This is looking properly awesome and I can’t wait. I’ve started playing Arkham City again on the PC and it’s still stunning looking. And this looks a cut above. Initially I was concerned about a change of developer, but now I’m feeling much better about it.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Max Payne

Box art feel’s a little bit empty :D
    But I am curious what will story be , except that assassin’s want batman dead.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Takeshi

@8: Yeah, it seems way too simple a plotline for Batman. Hopefully, the real plot will unfold.

Also, hoping that is not the final boxart. Way too underwhelming compared to AC’s.

Also, totally love how this game came out of nowhere. I mean, announced in 2013 and released in 2013. Not like AC which was announced in 2009 and released in 2011. Hopefully that is not a reflection of the game’s final quality.

#9 11 months ago
  10. Moonwalker1982

The other games of this development makes me very sceptical, taking the wait and see approach.

#10 11 months ago
  11. viralshag

Still a damn shame Hamill retired as the voice of the Joker. He has so far been my favourite.

#11 11 months ago
  12. Edo

CGI but still fucking awesome!

#12 11 months ago
  13. Mjorh

Can’t w8 ! Awesome!

#13 11 months ago
  14. Maximov

Jut came to mind that, WB is trying to figure out how to make a Justice League movie, I say, do it with CGI like this and Avengers will be history )) no hate though, i loved Avangers ))

#14 11 months ago
  15. macronia

@3 we will be already seen it .. consoles are the reason that hold back PC evolution

#15 11 months ago
  16. SameeR_Fisher

@15: do you seriously believe that ?!, why is consoles holding PC back ?!, if PC got a huge gamer base then the evolution would have occurred.

So the PC not having a huge gamer base as the console is the fault, it is not the console fault.

#16 11 months ago
  17. Beta

While I love a good cg trailer, I’m waiting for 2 things.

1. Gameplay. ;P

2. Word on whether they’re putting multi player in. Personally I hope not and that they use the extra time polishing the single player mode.

Since I haven’t really heard of this dev team I’m trying to stay optimistic right now :)

#17 11 months ago
  18. CaptPierce

It would have been cool to have Ron Perlman voice Deathstroke but whatevs. I can’t wait to play this!

#18 11 months ago
  19. powerbuoy

@3 – Just take the render time for one frame and imagine you need to output 30-60 of those per second.

Pixar’s Cars 2, for example, took 690 minutes per frame to render. So to fit 30-60 of those per second the computer would need to render the scene roughly 30 000 times faster.

Thankfully games use a lot of tricks to achieve similar effects MUCH quicker, but of course they don’t look as good nor are they as dynamic.

Personally I don’t really care about games looking much better render wise, I mean Uncharted 2 & 3 (and many other games) look absolutely stunning as it is today. What I’m really hoping for in the future is DYNAMIC physics, destruction, AI etc.

#19 11 months ago