War Thunder the military MMO is in development for PS4

Tuesday, 14th May 2013 14:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Gaijin Entertainment has announced War Thunder, its military MMO, for PS4.

Described as an MMO with “intelligent personalization, deeply integrated social capabilities, and innovative cloud options,” War Thunder contains real-time battles between planes, tanks and war ships. Each can be controlled using DualShock 4 and contains an improved head-tracking system, easier socializing tools, “smart and easy options to record, stream and share homemade gameplay videos and will have full support of PlayStation Cloud.”

“We’re convinced that our cooperation with Sony will not only make the War Thunder franchise better, but it will give our fans a new level of gaming experience that will figuratively blown their mind,” said Gaijin Entertainment’s creative director Kirill Yudintsev.

“Partnering with Sony Computer Entertainment is the most natural progression for the War Thunder brand, from our hugely successful beginnings on PC with more than 1.5 million players, to our recent announcement that War Thunder is under development for mobile devices.

“We are excited to bring War Thunder to the leading next-generation platform, the PS4.”

War Thunder is currently in open beta on PC, and you can participate by signing up and downloading it through the official website. It’s out this holiday season.

A teaser video is below.

1. deathm00n

Interesting, it’s not fit for the keyboard and mouse controls IMO, in controllers it will be way more easy to maneuver the planes.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Max Payne

@1 You can play just fine on K&M

#2 1 year ago
  3. hives

@1 – It’s worth remembering that in final version, War Thunder will have not only planes, but also tanks and other ground vehicles and battleships.

Cool that it’s coming to PS4. As free to play I assume? Because it has really nice payment model.

#3 1 year ago
  4. deathm00n

@2 No, I can’t. You probably can, but I can’t.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthazus

@4, then you are disabled. Because everyone is playing with M&K in War thunder.

OR World Of warplanes for example too.

#5 1 year ago
  6. JRNO

Last I checked that game was absolutely terrible with a controller. But then again, limiting everyone to that control type would even the playing field, if not fix how they handle entirely. The game itself on PC is great.

#6 1 year ago
  7. SlayerGT

This is awesome news! Always wanted to try this.

#7 1 year ago
  8. MidlifeAxe

@1, 2

I play War Thunder perfectly with a KB&M. I actually went into it thinking “Man, these controls are going to be difficult”.

I have more issues on the PC version of GTA4 trying to fly a God dam helicopter – that shit is hard.

#8 1 year ago
  9. deathm00n

@5 Always nice talking to you.

Jesus people, I was just stating that to ME this will probably be easier to play in the controller than in the keyboard. Controller tastes are subjective FFS.

Do I need to remake my comment? Ok:
    Interesting, it’s not fit for the keyboard and mouse controls according to my own perception of what is easy and what is not, determined by my previous experience with this game, in controllers it will be way more easy to maneuver the planes according to my past experience with games of the same genre but in an videogame home console instead of a personal microcomputer.

#9 1 year ago