The Bureau: XCOM Declassified – debut gameplay

Monday, 13th May 2013 13:02 GMT By Sam Clay

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is 2k Marin’s take on the XCOM origin story. VG247 got early hands-on time with the game to see how it stacks up.

The game’s Senior Producer, Nico Bihary, was also jammed in front of our camera to tell us all about The Bureau’s development and more. Watch the action and chatter above and let us know what you think below.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is out on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on August 20th.

1. SplatteredHouse

Is that fogging, or weather/atmosphere effects? I’m not that much of a fan of this art style. In this clip, I felt the game was missing Enemy Unknown’s clean aesthetic.

#1 11 months ago
  2. DSB

Another Rainbow Six Vegas that isn’t Rainbow Six Vegas.

It looks better than I expected, but the artstyle is pretty terrible.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Edo

@1 I felt exactly the opposite when playing Enemy Unknown,it was just too bland.

#3 11 months ago
  4. The_Red

What have they done to the 40s cartoony look!? It was awesome. Most of models and assets feel similar but coloring and overall art direction have seriously changed for the worse IMO.

That said, holy hell this looks rather good in terms of gameplay. Wasn’t expecting that.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Hunam

Looks good with all the tactics on top, but at the base line, it stills seems like you can win by waiting for things to pop their head out of cover.

#5 11 months ago
  6. _LarZen_

After that gameplay trailer all my excitement for this game went down the drain.

#6 11 months ago
  7. karma

I don’t like the colourful HUD. Takes away from the gritty visceral graphics. Also shooting seems a bit console-ish? I dunno, just something off about it.

I liked it better when it had a first person view. Now i’m not so keen.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Francis O

XCOM: Mass Effect Edition

#8 11 months ago
  9. RocknRolla

Skin change different voice and voila! a WHOOOLE new game.. pffft…

#9 11 months ago
  10. polygem

i really do like this clean look in games. not a fan of too much realism, effects, shading. i loved reach for it´s clean look, i also like the god of war games. everytime i play the hd gow remakes i think to myself: who the hell needs better graphics than this? i also like cel shaded games a lot….in the end it is all about the artdesign. in this one, i am not really feeling it yet eventhough i like it´s aesthetics. i will keep my eye on it.

#10 11 months ago
  11. SplatteredHouse

It’s nothing more to me now than an inbred abomination of a game.

#11 11 months ago