Saints Row 4 has a new walkthrough video available

Thursday, 9th May 2013 14:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Saints Row 4 has a new pre-alpha walkthrough video from PAX East below, featuring senior producer Jim Boone going over the finer points.

In the video, the Volition man leads you through the streets of Steelport, where you play as the US president who has a really interesting arsenal at his disposal such as the Dubstep Gun and other insane weapons you can upgrade. Also: Mech Suit mayhem.

Watch the insanity below.

Saints Row 4 launches August 20 in North and Latin America and August 23 worldwide on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. silkvg247

haha mech suit mayhem.. day1 purchase. :)

2. Edo

Still feels it should’ve been a DLC.

3. Reddpayn

Looks like a lot of fun but ” there is one they fear. In theyre tongue goty, grand theft auto 5″

4. mxmassef

This game looks interesting though I havent played any other saints row games. I might buy this game if but I believe that I dont need any other sandbox game than GTA IV. (GOTY) :)

5. cw5th

@ 2:

Why is that?

Saint’s Row 2 also was only an update to Saint’s Row 1. Even used the same city. But it’s the most liked of the series…

I for one am happy that they’re “just” updating SR3 because they can focus on the content. Something that SR2 got right but 3 didn’t.

And the crackdown powers on top are just fantastic.^^

6. tmac2011

idk prolly mt friend will buy it and see if it looks different, im just gonna wait for GTAV, i really wish they had a superman cheat….

7. ALaWi_xX

very very bad .. it’s like Saints Row 3

i miss Saints Row 2 :(

8. Jaclie

@7 I wasn’t aware that when saints row 3 was released, that you had to uninstall saints row 2. When did that happen? Go play it you nostalgic rascal. I’ll merrily skip around in saints row 4. And while I am at it…Different sand boxes have different play and different stories. I am shocked at the number of silly people who decide to snag Either Saints row 4, Or GTA 5. I plan on getting both.

9. The_Red

Holy fuck, that looked awesome. The part with super speed / running felt like a mix between Prototype & Flash. This may be a mess but at least it looks good and doesn’t take itself too seriously (The dubstep gun was a bit underwhelming but other than that, hell yeah).

10. Eon

@8. I wouldn’t call it a silly decision to opt for only one game of the two. I will be doing the same, I like Saints Row but I will only be getting GTA this year. From my perspective, sandbox games take up a lot more of your time than the average game. It certainly isn’t a 10 minute burst genre for me, I get pulled into the worlds and spend silly amounts of time exploring said worlds. Hence, exploring only one of the game worlds, why explore two when you barely have time to explore one. :)

11. Jaclie

@10 It is very silly, you are telling me that 6 months from when you get GTA 5, you might still merrily be playing the exact same sandbox game? a year? 3 to 5 years? And this Decision includes completely skipping any other games that only, especially now, Superficially resemble the chosen game? Hell GTA 4 came out in 2008 with a 6 month or so gap between Console and PC releases.
    Just taking this kind of information into account Saints Row 4 is due in August
    And GTA 5 is due on playstation and PS3 September with no ETA on the PC version.
    The point is in the upcoming years, there is probably room in your schedule to poke around in more than one sandbox.
    And saying it MUST BE either or OR is nonsensical.

12. Phoenixblight

There is Assassins Creed 4, GTA V, Watch Dogs and Saints ROw 4. I will be getting GTAV and Watch Dogs. Saints 4 does look like fun but not the full price that they are asking for. Especially since Saints 4 is just reskinned Saints ROw 3 expansion when GTA V is a completely new game taking the series in new and interesting directions and Watch Dogs is a new IP trying new things as well.

13. Jaclie

@11 Never did I say that anyone had to pick it up on launch day. I just said it was silly to skip one game completely for another when one likes both. When one is somewhat patient, sales occur and prices go lower.

I find it silly when someone says, Boy that looks like it would be fun. I like Saints. But I will never in life play it ever, so I may play another game.

I can understand limited play time, I can understand Just Not Liking it, (except the people who then read articles about some game they don’t like, haven’t played yet and then comment on the article to say they don’t like the game that isn’t out yet, I don’t give two craps about FIFA, so I don’t read the articles about the games…just again seems silly to Hate read something)

All that said, I am intrigued with what appears to be 3 separate story lines intersecting in GTA. I just keep patiently waiting for the option of a female protagonist as well.

And I wish that GTA had a solid option for co-op.