Capcom hope for high Resident Evil Revelations HD sales

Thursday, 9th May 2013 12:04 GMT By Alex Donaldson

Capcom has revealed sales projections for its upcoming titles, and has hopes for the big-screen port of Resident Evil Revelations that match expectations for Lost Planet 3, an all-new game.

The company revealed that it expects Resident Evil Revelations HD and Lost Planet 3 to both achieve sales of 1.3 million each worldwide by the end of March 2014 as part of its fiscal year end results. Revelations HD is an improved port of the early 3DS title, and is out later this month.

Monster Hunter 4 was given a robust sales estimate of 2.8 million, and is due out this year. Those numbers mark Capcom continuing to push for growth of the unforgiving Action RPG series.

Capcom also mentioned Ace Attorney 5 and Sengoku Basara 4 as major Japanese titles – but didn’t mention if either would come West. Thanks, Siliconera.

1. Stu

Resident Evil 6 shifted 4.9m copies – 1.2m is not high.

#1 1 year ago
  2. The_Red

There’s just one difference: They spend a shit ton of money on RE6′s multiple campaigns and play styles, resulting in a mess where as Revelations had a much smaller budget suitable for a handheld game (3DS).

They focused on one specific play style with handheld assets so even with the HD and uprezing costs added, RE R is still a lot cheaper compared to RE6′s production costs.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Clupula

I can see Revelations making that much. I can NOT see Lost Planet 3 even hitting the million mark.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Alex Donaldson

@1 I went with the ‘high’ as I don’t think the original release came near crossing a million, plus a quick up-port of a year-old game is bound to do less business than a fully original release. Plus the Lost Planet connection. Point taken, mind.

#4 1 year ago
  5. OmegaSlayer

I’ll buy the game when it will be under 20 €

#5 1 year ago
  6. GwynbleiddiuM

Yes and I hope for an uncensored high-speed low latency internet connection, but we all have to live with our misconceptions.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Takeshi

Planning on buying RER.
    Not planning on buying LP3 unless good reviews.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Metroid455

Revelations should do those numbers comfortably, as for Lost Planet 3: WTF are Capcom thinking? instead of bringing over EX Troopers they’re giving us another sequel that nobody wants!! seriously Capcom’s logic leaves alot to be desired.

#8 1 year ago
  9. salarta

Normally I’d say that Revelations is guaranteed to go above and beyond that mark, but I can easily see the HD version not getting as many sales as it should because it was already released on 3DS. That, and I’m sure RE6 soured a lot of people to the franchise. For those reasons, I could really see it go either way.

#9 1 year ago
  10. theevilaires

This franchise is worn out and sucks now. So tired of resident evil games. And those damn movies.

#10 1 year ago
  11. salarta

@10: I disagree, the franchise is fine and has a lot going for it, it’s just that Capcom has been complete shit for the past few years. Some would say longer than that. All indications suggest this is a game where Capcom is actually not sucking for a change, aside from Chris Redfield forced into this one like so many other games because the dev team has a hard-on for him and Leon and little appreciation for important series women that aren’t Ada Wong.

#11 1 year ago
  12. OlderGamer

Tea +1

For me, the same can be said for ALOT of games and franchises.

#12 1 year ago