Halo 4 update will tweak weapons, vehicle changes incoming

Thursday, 18th April 2013 11:17 GMT By Dave Cook

Halo 4 developer 343 Industries has outlined its plans to tweak the balancing of the game’s weapon set and vehicles in a new blog post. Find out if your favourite gun is about to be nuked.

The information comes from the latest Halo Bulletin, which explained that while the DMR is a powerful fan-favourite, the team decided to balance the rest of the game’s weapons up, rather than mess around with the rifle, for fear of fan backlash. The poster also explained that any changes listed in the blog were not final.

“Looking at the DMR,” the post explained, “we currently feel that the kill time should remain unchanged, as the weapon has become a clear favorite amongst the community due to its reliability and consistency. So tuning the Battle Rifle, LightRifle and Carbine against this weapon presented quite a challenge.”

So first, the Battle Rifle kill time may be reduced to just four shots, instead of five as it currently stands, along with a decreased rate of fire. The Light Rifle’s range will be brought up to par with the DMR and the Carbine will be become a seven-shot kill weapon, instead of eight.

Both the Warthog and Mantis chain-guns may receive a damage boost, along with Assault Rifle, Suppressor and Storm Rifle, which will also receive auto-aim decreases to increase accuracy.

What do you make of the proposed changes Do they make sense? Let us know below.

Thanks OXM.

1. Moonwalker1982

I wish they would simply make a fucking playlist for all the DLC in one. I recently bought the season pass along with all the DLC, and i never see Majestic or Crimson DLC maps in any of the modes. The only way to see three new maps from the Castle DLC is by playing that playlist. It’s bullshit.

#1 1 year ago
  2. xBURNNERx

Best fps hands down

#2 1 year ago
  3. SarahAnnn

I just want to say thank you to 343 for caring to do this.

#3 1 year ago
  4. LordVortex

Yea, I agree with you Moonwalker; everytime I play Halo 4 matchmaking for team slayer and big team slayer all there is the default maps and not the dlc maps which I like a little better and everytime such as big team slayer and dominion all people play is Exile, Long bow and Ragnarok which is quite annoying and not worth playing after 4 times of the same map get tiring; what they should do is incorporate a system where if you play the same 3 maps or single map for 4 matches it should then allow chances for three different maps or as you said simply add it all in one. At least bungie and Treyarch after downloading dlc they add those dlc maps to all the game types maybe after a lot of complaints they will have no choice to man 343 what are you guys thinking?!…………

#4 1 year ago
  5. RoyLeer

Hello I was wondering if there was going to be any midnight releases for halo 4. I have tried to call my local future shop but got answer over and over and over again. So if anyone could help me out that would be great.
    This is the location where I preordered halo 4 helmet limited edition.

#5 1 year ago