Final Fantasy 10 to be bundled with Final Fantasy 10-2 on PS3 – report

Tuesday, 19th March 2013 16:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Final Fantasy 10 will include Final Fantasy 10-2 when it launches later this year on PS3, according to scans from Jump magazine. Both games are said to be included on one Blu-ray disc with the Vita versions of both titles sold separately. Both versions of the games include the expanded content, according to the scans. We’ll send Square a mail. Via: CVG, Nova Crystallis.

1. Dragon246

@Steph,
    Its confirmed.

I hope buying both X and X-2 on vita costs approx the same as ps3 version. Definitely looking forward to them.

2. DigitalShadow

X-2 was horrible…

I hope for the sake of those getting this that the price actually drops for having that game.

3. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Yeah I noted the scans in the post – but since I cannot read Japanese I will leave “report” tag until I hear back from Square.

4. ayb91

@2,

the only horrible thing is that it is girly as I don’t know how much of fuck, but when it comes at other challenges such as the floors of Bevelle Tower, it is really good.

5. salarta

I think the success of the Tomb Raider remake led to Squeenix deciding to package FFX-2 with FFX, since it’s pretty obvious people are now open to existing female characters being radically changed in any random way companies want to do to them. What people my generation complained about a decade ago is what people of the current generation are dying to play.

6. CyberMarco

Sounds nice, I haven’t finished FF-X and never played X-2 so it’s a neat addition. Too bad it wont be a cross-buy title… :(

7. zinc

I’ve played FFX-2 & was enthralled by its epic tale of a wishy washy pop stars journey to find her presumed dead floppy haired boyfriend, aided by stroppy emo chick, geeky jailbait chick & a arsenal of magical clothing.

I hear it’s to be made into a Disney film, starring Miley Cyrus, Kristen Stewert, Jeannette McCurdy & Justin Bieber.

8. jevonski

yeah X-2 was really girly but it still had a better battle system and gameplay than XIII :|

9. salarta

I don’t think the complaints about X-2 being too “girly” are legitimate complaints anymore anyway. We’ve already established through other games that there’s nothing wrong with FFX-2 by the standards of current culture. At this point, saying FFX-2 isn’t acceptable is like saying people that run red lights should get a free pass but speeders deserve prison time. You get what you ask for.

10. theevilaires

I enjoyed X-2 just as much as I enjoyed X. They are some of the best Final Fantasy games I’ve played in the franchise.

If they we’re smart and this game sold very well I’d highly recommend a X-3 with Tidus coming back as SIN and main characters being the offspring of the main characters from X.

11. jevonski

@10 Tidus already came back at the end of X-2 it’s the 100% completion or secret mash the x button ending.

here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AvkUjcPR0o

12. zinc

@10, Although I enjoyed X, I’d argue that it was the start of FF’s descent in its muddled, anachronistic artstyle, that I find really grating.

I’d much prefer it went back to its futuristic sci-fi stylings of 7/8.

13. deathm00n

@12 Last time I checked XIII had a futuristic sci-fi setting…

14. zinc

@13, Anachronism: . The representation of someone as existing or something as happening in other than chronological, proper, or historical order. 2. One that is out of its proper or chronological order, especially a person or practice that belongs to an earlier time:

So yeah it’s sci-fi… But you’ll have armoured knights riding chocobo’s, firing lasers out of lances… Bleurgh :-S

15. salarta

FF13 went too sci-fi, and I think being too futuristic sci-fi isn’t what the series is supposed to be about, but nobody cares about what a franchise is meant to be about anymore so it’s a bit of a moot point. I may not be buying such games, but I’m not sure there’s any content that shouldn’t be allowed in video games anymore. Standards only matter when they have a good reason for existing.

16. deathm00n

Maybe I see the series differently since my favorite game of the series is 8 followed by 13, both have very sci-fi’sh settings.

17. Eddie Rodrigues

@15 Since FFVII the series is futuristic and Sci-Fi, what are you complaining about?

18. Gnosis

@17: Well, with the exception of IX and XI, both were very traditional. Especially XI, which was directed by Tanaka, who was involved in the development of FFI, II and III. But I agree, there is a very clear futuristic trend.

19. Eddie Rodrigues

@18 Yes indeed, those ones were great FF games also, but overall (excluding the Online games) FF had more futuristic titles from VII to XIII.

20. salarta

@17: Not really, the games made the technology look more futuristic but sci-fi wasn’t the purpose or focus. But, again, moot point. Current culture has made it clear that nothing is inappropriate in video games, aside from some very ludicrously double standard cases like rape or how much skin a woman is allowed to show. We needs our realism unless pesky reality rears its head.

21. zinc

@20, Your aware your only making sense to yourself at this point, yes?

22. DLTDawnlight

Free Charlie’s Angels X-2 huh. :P

23. Clupula

I have no idea what just happened in #20.

But anyway, I’m really looking forward to this. X-2 has the best battle system in the entire series and X is my favorite in the entire franchise, followed by IX and XIII.

24. Phoenixblight

I would be fine with getting FFX and X-2. X-2 is still far better than the crap they released this gen for FF.

25. ShowUsYourLunch

@24 I second this

26. Digital Bamboo

@24 If that’s true then FFXIII is going to be far worse than I anticipate it to be.

27. Phoenixblight

Play XIII and find out. The game is horrible and just becomes the button mash fest.

28. Rosseu

I suggest you rent it if possible (if you’re really curious about that game), or borrow a copy from a friend. Because I’m with 27, it is crap. I am surprised it spawned sequels.