Battlefield 4 box art leaks, teaser trailer due today – rumour

Friday, 15th March 2013 10:55 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4 is rumoured to be getting official box art and a teaser trailer later today, ahead of DICE’s official announcement at GDC on March 26.

BF4Central reports that the clip will go live on the Battlefield portal and will be available exclusively to Battlefield Premium subscribers. Apparently, anyone who watches the clip will receive a special dog-tag:

NeoGAF sleuths have spotted an interesting post over on fan site Battlefieldo, where a poster claims to have seen the Battlefield 4 pack art.

The poster writes, “I have personally seen the cover art for Battlefield 4, which I cannot post, but I can say that it resembles that of the original Battlefield 3 cover. A man running, in the rain along with tanks, APC’s, and a small teaser image of a jet just to the right of his body.

“The buildings in the background also resemble that of the original Battlefield 3 artwork. He appears to be holding a suppressed EBR rifle with a support bipod, along with a 1911 pistol with a tac-light in his other hand.

“The character’s face has evolved from Battlefield 3, sporting slicked back hair in an American military uniform.”

His testimony stacks up with this leaked image, which is supposedly of the official Battlefield 4 pack art. Thanks to Battlefield Premium user 32bita who found the image, and to OXM for the link.

What do you think?

1. M. K.

Show me some Homefront 2 or Respawn Game already!

2. Dave Cook

Think they’re both made by Crytek UK and Respawn mate ;)

3. M. K.

I know Dave, I’m just angry. I want to see something new :(

4. heroes159

@ 3 hehe, come on dude. This is new & this is Battlefield 4 we are talking about. cant wait.

Thanks for the news Dave. Im now really really excited.

5. Dave Cook

I just want Bad Company 3.

BC2 > BF3 any day of the week imo.

6. G1GAHURTZ

@4:

It’s probably just going to be BF3 in a different location, with the recent BF3 CQ DLC modes as standard.

I’d rather see Respawn’s new title, too, tbh.

7. livewired500

@5 +1

8. MisterMonday

So this means me reloading the Premium page on my Xbox all day then I guess..

9. KesMonkey

The jet in the supposed box art looks like one of China’s two new stealth jets, the J-20.

10. SameeR_Fisher

I want to see Homefront 2 :D

As for BF3 I can only be interested if they make a SP about Spec Ops –kinda like MoH2010 but better- with a bit of realism as well, also a bit longer than 6hrs.

& also if they introduce every nation in MP, I want to play as Egyptian Forces.

11. povu

Breaking news – videogame box art features man with weapon.

12. SlayerGT

@5 For the single player? Yes. For the Multiplayer? God yes! Even the dlc. BFBC2:Vietnam was perfect. Put over 500 hours in.

13. AmiralPatate

@5 I completely agree, although I would place 2142 above all, because Titan mode was the shit.

Between the lies about an allegedly focus on PC and proud successor to BF2, the lack of content past 48 hours of MP, the lack of imagination and attention to detail, a singleplayer that should gain consciousness so it could kill itself and a retarded coop mode where you can’t communicate, BF3 to me is a total let down. So BF4, not looking forward to it. Even if they announce a BF2143.

14. Matt D

I want to see how the third faction (the Chinese) play into the game and if their will be more Asian centered maps