Far Cry 3 has just received a new patch on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, updating many elements of single and multiplayer to reflect fan-requested features such as master difficulty, outpost resets and more.
Ubisoft send over a handful of changes in a statement this afternoon:
- Outposts reset: after the end of the game, players can choose to reset the liberated outposts to face the challenge to take them over again
- A new difficulty setting: Players who have completed the campaign can restart the adventure on master difficulty, with more challenging enemies and dangerous wildlife
- Map Beta Test: Map makers can now start a beta test to monitor how their map is being played using the new spectate feature and regular players are enabled to provide better feedback to help map makers improve their projects.
- Maps by author: Players will be able to show all the maps created by an author
- -Idle kick: The feature that kicks out idle players during a MP match is removed from custom and private matches
- The Skip map voting system has been improved with more visibility and time to cast the vote
- A new mini-game called The Grid has been added to the Outpost website and smartphone apps.
We’ve also got a gallery of menu options new to the update, giving players a greater degree of customisation while playing. What do you think?
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.