Kojima ‘may make more Metal Gear spin-offs, possibly with The Boss’

Friday, 22nd February 2013 15:34 GMT By Nick Akerman

Hideo Kojima has confirmed he is interested in making more Metal Gear spin-offs, if the studio and angle of the game is right.

VG247′s Dave Cook attended a meeting with the producer, who confirmed he is considering a spin-off based around The Boss.

Said Kojima, “I think Rising was a special case. In the future I may make other games, maybe featuring The Boss as a main character. That’s something I want to make personally, but as far as a series of spin-offs – there may be another Rising in the future, but it’s not something I want to make a habit of.”

Is this something you guys would like to see? If so, which studio should tackle it?

1. Greek God

Kojima Productions of course!
    PG was perfect for Rising though.But i imagine a The Boss spin off to play more like traditional MG games

#1 1 year ago
  2. MadFingerz

“But it’s not something I will make a habit of.” – Yeah right :P

The Boss is a cool character but making a game around her can be tricky. Would be much cooler if they made it all about the Cobras but foccusing more on her. And I fear we will never have a traditional MGS game where you infiltrate a single facility again :(

#2 1 year ago
  3. The_Red

I’d say a more RPG game for The Boss (THE best character in MGS series as far as I’m concerned).

#3 1 year ago
  4. Clupula

I’d imagine a Boss spin-off would very much be like MGS3, especially since she was the founder of the CQC system. I would imagine it’d take place during World War II and could then possibly have a sequel set during the mission during the Cold War where she meets The Sorrow for the last time.

And personally, if it’s going to be a story about The Boss, or for that matter, Grey Fox, I think Kojima himself is the only one to handle it.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Bomba Luigi

I would love to have a MGS Spin off on my Vita, like they made Spin-offs on the PSP. Or any other Plattform, I would buy it anyway, but the Vita really could need something like that.

#5 1 year ago
  6. theevilaires

OMG The Boss and Corba Unit….PLEASE DO IT! The Boss is my favorite female video game character. Why can’t more women be like her in real life :D

#6 1 year ago
  7. MadFingerz

^”Why can’t more women be like her in real life”

No thanks, or whenever you screwed up they would CQC the shit out of you lol

Anyway, just occured to me, I think I would prefer a game about Frak Jaeger (Grey Fox) on his early years.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Atmey

Great, I feel borderline gay when the screen closes up on Raiden’s lips and ass, an older woman would be a great change, bonus points if she would be younger.

#8 1 year ago
  9. LuminesDragon

Welp i guess ZOE 3 is never going to happen.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Clupula

@8 – If it’s a game about the Boss, chances are, it’d be her 20 or so years before MGS3.

And it’s only gay if you get hard when it closes up on his ass.

@5 – I actually hope the opposite. It bothers me that I’ve never been able to play Portable Ops, because they never put it on a console. Keep it the spin-offs PS3/PS4.

#10 1 year ago
  11. theevilaires

@7 true I didn’t think of that :D but I mostly meant mentally and emotionally strong as The Boss.

#11 1 year ago
  12. theevilaires

“And it’s only gay if you get hard when it closes up on his ass”.

What are you talking about?

#12 1 year ago
  13. Clupula

@12 – when #8 said he feels borderline gay when the screen does a close-up of Raiden’s ass.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Dave Cook

Guys, my full Hideo Kojima interview will go live on Monday. You seriously don’t want to miss it.

#14 1 year ago
  15. DoubleM

@14 I’m eagerly waiting to read your interview, but something’s bothering me; I think Kojima has said the exact same sentences to CVG too.
    goo.gl/7z4qe

#15 1 year ago
  16. Dave Cook

@15 yeah, it was a roundtable interview. Many press were there.

#16 1 year ago
  17. OmegaSlayer

That is a very kewl idea! :)

#17 1 year ago
  18. Espers

Dear Hideo !!! just make sure it is CROSS-PLATFORM ONGEAI-SHIMASU !!
    I like playing MGS on Big Consoles with Big Screens.

#18 1 year ago