Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance’s final trailer was “cut” by Hideo Kojima

Tuesday, 19th February 2013 20:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has a new trailer, and it was directed by Hideo Kojima, so expect it to be a bit mental -in a good way. Game’s out today in North America, in Europe on February 21 and in the UK on February 22. Review scores are through here.

1. JimFear-666

hideo kojima is a shity and overhypped game director/producer with a huge ego.
    Mgs have one of the worst storyline ever made for a videogame. I still dont understand why people totally love what he do.

#1 1 year ago
  2. YoungZer0

Lawl. When I read the headline I was like “This is probably going to be a long trailer” and yep, it is.

#2 1 year ago
  3. mathare92

@1 We can criticize the quality of his over the top storylines all day, but there’s some things I think he really does well: creating affecting characters with interesting backstories; infusing his own unique cinematic flair; keeping the gameplay engrossing with finely melded elements from stealth and action; and generally creating things of high production value.

The opening scene in Sons of Liberty is a good example for me. I don’t think anyone who watched that back then failed to be impressed by the flair that it showed. I remember not having any clue about the series when I started playing MGS2, and it was that opening cinematic which immediately drew me in.

Okay? Now understand why some people might ‘love what he do’? (I’m making a note to copy+paste this whenever someone else decides to go on a rant about “shity and overhypped” Kojima.)

#3 1 year ago
  4. SlayerGT

Leave it to Kojima to get my interested in a game. Looks bad ass.

#4 1 year ago
  5. MadFingerz

@3 True, that’s one of the best openings of all time. Atmospheric, cinematic, it had it all. MGS2 in general is one of my favorite games. MGS4 fell short for me though…The next one better be something great although Kojima really likes him some jungles and such open enviroments whereas I miss the good old infiltrating a building complex thing.

As for MGR:R, this trailer sure makes one want to play the game but still not sure about it…the demo didn’t help at all.

#5 1 year ago
  6. mathare92

@6 Sure, but many said the same about the Bayonetta demo, and that turned out alright.

#6 1 year ago