Dice Summit 2013 is well under way, and tonight Vegas plays host to one of the most coveted industry awards shows in the biz. Journey didn’t manage to score in all 11 categories it was nominated for, but thatgamecompany carried home eight trophies.
Nominees were announced in mid-January and a few big names led the pack.
Journey scored 11 nods, and TellTale’s The Walkind Dead adventure series managed eight. Other much nominated titles include Far Cry 3 (seven), Halo 4 (six), Borderlands 2 (five) and Dishonored (five). Journey, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, The Walking Dead and XCOM: Enemy Unknown were in the running for Game of the Year, the major award.
The DICE Awards are in their 16th year. A full list of winners is below.
- Game of the Year categories
- Game of the Year 2012: Journey
- Action: Borderlands 2
- Mobile: Hero Academy
- Handheld: Paper Mario Sticker Star
- Sports: FIFA 13
- Racing: Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Fighting: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- Downloadable: The Walking Dead
- Casual: Journey
- Web based: SimCity Social
- Family: Skylanders Giants
- RPG or MMO of the year: Mass Effect 3
- Strategy or simulation: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Adventure: The Walking Dead
- Other categories
- Outstanding achievement in original music: Journey
- Outstanding achievement in original sound design: Journey
- Outstanding achievement in original story: The Walking Dead
- Outstanding achievement in character performance: The Walking Dead (Lee Everett)
- Outstanding achievement in art direction: Journey
- Outstanding innovation in gaming: Journey
- Best online gameplay: Journey
- Oustanding achievement in connectivity: Halo 4
- Outstanding achievement in animation: Assassin’s Creed 3
- Outstanding achievement in gameplay engineering: XOM: Enemy Unknown
- Outstanding achievement game direction: Journey
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.