Next-gen winner will make the most “impact” not the most “noise,” says MS insider – report

Friday, 1st February 2013 16:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A “Microsoft insider” has said the winner of next-gen consoles will be the one which makes the most “impact” not the most “noise.”

Speaking with CVG in response to the rumor that Sony is to unveil its PS4 next month, the insider said: “Victory will go not to those who make the most noise, but those who make the most impact.”

A person claiming to be close to the matter at Sony said PS4′s focus isn’t on outperforming next-Xbox in terms of power, because “the war won’t be won by producing the most powerful system.”

Lovely battle terms by both parties, there.

PS4 is rumored to be revealed in New York City next month on February 20.

1. GwynbleiddiuM

And by impact he means have a stronger marketing revenue.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Bomba Luigi

The Winner will sell more Units then the Other. Its that simple.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Triggerhappy

Awesome image. Go Team Kitty :P

Anyway, exclusives is the key in my opinion.

#3 1 year ago
  4. theevilaires

LMFAO Stephany you beat me to the punch but this is a good read too from CVG http://www.computerandvideogames.com/388987/ps4-press-conference-reveal-shows-sony-has-seized-the-moment/

Check it out. Will the PS4 be unveiled this month? Has SONY seized the moment by officially announcing the next gen first?

#4 1 year ago
  5. Razor

“A “Microsoft insider””

Bet it was Phil Harrison.

#5 1 year ago
  6. theevilaires

^ Could be he is the mole SONY sent into Microsoft after all ;)

#6 1 year ago
  7. woe

Microsoft insider? CVG lying through thier teeth for hits again.

#7 1 year ago
  8. daytripper

enought talk. time for action. if i hear “with the power of kinect” by some badly acted shill like in the mass effect 3 ad again i will cringe to death

#8 1 year ago
  9. DSB

Microsoft insider: Random dude with a gmail account.

#9 1 year ago
  10. stevenhiggster

@9 Surely you mean a hotmail account?

#10 1 year ago
  11. DSB

@10 I’m pretty sure the last one had a gmail account.

I guess that should’ve been a hint!

#11 1 year ago
  12. shogunknight

I dont care about the article, its the awesome picture that called my attention!!!

#12 1 year ago
  13. GwynbleiddiuM

@10 that would be too obvious, no one can trace a gmail account back to microsoft should things go sideways.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Fin

Shit, did Sony just announce a press conference?
    Shit, are those leaks specs real??
    QUICK, TELL THE PRESS SOMETHING!!

#14 1 year ago
  15. Clupula

Ladies and gentlemen, I know you are probably as excited as all of us at Playstation are that I have found my car keys. They were behind my desk. We’ll be taking questions in the blue room.

In the meantime, we’ve set up interactive kiosks where you can see the different places I looked before finding them.

#15 1 year ago
  16. ArcticMonkey

I’m excited for the new consoles from both Sony and Microsoft, but after Microsoft seemed to abandon the creation of new software and IP, I honestly don’t want to hear them speak about the importance of “impact” when they have made very little in recent years.

#16 1 year ago
  17. fearmonkey

Go Sony! Make MS sweat!! I have lost enthusiasm for MS with their lousy sales on games and DLC and not giving us an equivalent to the subscriber games that PSN+ members get. MS knows they are ahead and act like it, and I would love to see them scramble. (not to mention forcing Windows 8′s interface on us when most of us still want the start button)

I hope Sony makes MS squirm and squirm hard!

#17 1 year ago
  18. nando

this time MS has fears because what they rumoued is ps4 is significantly more powerful than the next xbox.

#18 1 year ago
  19. monkeygourmet

I’m so surprised the PS4 sounds like the most powerful machine?!

MS can afford to take more of a hit, and they have the strongest infrastructure going into this next battle.

If they upped their specs by a huge amount, Sony literally wouldn’t be able to follow suite. Putting them in the precarious middle position.

I know it’s not all about power but MS should come out and unload some crazy specs IMO…

They obviously are going to get by on COD exclusive deals and media once again.

Will still get a 720, but am sticking with Wii U. Will get the PS4 once a nice chunk of games are out.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Moonwalker1982

Yeah MS surely can afford it. If Sony really is the first one to unveil a next-gen system, then first of all that would mean Sony lied when they said they would let MS go first, because that’s a wise thing to do, Microsoft should come at E3 with a monster of a machine that totally outperforms Sony….that is..if they really want to win. I always wonder how these things go. Do MS and Sony tell eachother what they are going to put into the consoles or something? Or does it all go by leaks?

#20 1 year ago
  21. monkees19

No, the war won’t be won by the most power system. Look at last gen. And they talk about “next-gen” as if it hasn’t already started.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Clupula

It hasn’t started yet. The Wii U is basically a PS3 or a 360 with a little more RAM.

#22 1 year ago
  23. M. K.

@21: Next Gen started for Mario Fans, other people are still waiting. (No it is no attempt to troll nintendo fanboys, it is as it is ;))

#23 1 year ago
  24. Ireland Michael

@19 “There’s absolutely no reson why MS shouldn’t go all out to bury Sony specs wise.”

There is a reason… the simple fact that the average consumer doesn’t give a crap about hardware specs. All that ever does is makes more expensive hardware for the consumers to buy, and less profit for the company to make.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Mike W

Preach

#25 1 year ago
  26. Mike W

I don’t think the next Xbox is going to be what we think or hope it will be. For the past several years MS has tried it’s hardest to turn the 360 into a damn cable box.

It’s already been proven that a huge percent of the market doesn’t care about high end graphics. If it did the Wii would’ve been dead on arrival.

So MS is right, it’s not about the most powerful system. Right now the PS3 is stronger than the Xbox 360, but what did that power matter when third party developers didn’t take advantage of system?

With that being said, we buy these consoles for one main purpose…..games.

It disgust me when I hear these dickheads say; “Oh I bought my PS3 for the blu-ray player” or “I bought my 360 to watch my DVDs and netflix”

Do you know how fucking stupid you have to be to buy either of those systems for those features? Especially when you can get it a lot cheaper on other devices if that’s all you are using the systems for.

Forgive me, I digress. In any case MS is going to have wow me this time around.

#26 1 year ago
  27. daytripper

@26 Both should have to wow you for your money, you know zip officially about the next xbox or Playstation. It’s a new generation, new features, new games. Don’t presume too much.

#27 1 year ago