GRID 2: Brands Hatch trailer blends live-action and gameplay

Monday, 28th January 2013 10:45 GMT By Dave Cook

GRID 2 developer Codemasters has released a new trailer for its incoming racer. The clip blends live-action footage of motoring journalist Chris Harris tearing around the circuit, as well as in-game footage of the track in action. Both include McLaren MP4-12cs cars. They’re rather lovely, and expensive.

I had a long chat with Codemasters about GRID 2 last year. You can check out the interview here.

What do you think of the clip? Let us know below.

1. OmegaSlayer

I love the Codemasters racing games…too bad I feel that they will be the next victim of gaming industry and will follow THQ :(

2. Fin

Fuck ya can’t wait!!!

Nah I’d say they’re in fairly good shape. They don’t overextend themselves, all their games sell fairly well and are rated pretty high.

3. hives

One thing. Why they are showing this game like it was some kind of simulator? :P And playing with steering wheel, hell yeah, without COCKPIT VIEW.

I’m still gonna play it, cause I like first GRID but… Come on, Masters of the Code.

4. OmegaSlayer

@Fin
    I DO really hope you’re right, but they lost lots of money with Bodycount and I don’t know how much F1 will sell and the F1 license and cars manufacturers’ licenses are quite pricey.

5. mkotechno

Yeah now they try to sell it as a simulator… fucking ridiculous.

6. GrimRita

@1 who knows. Half of the company is owned by the Cowboys in the USA and the other half by Indians – led by a CEO who is so out of touch it hurts. The fact they only focus now on racing paints the picture as they tried and failed with FPS and RPG titles in recent years. Such a shame.

They need to reboot Micro Machines and put some fun back in to racing

Recent round of lay offs might ease the pressure and probably if GRID2 doesn’t sell well, they could go belly up this time around.

7. OmegaSlayer

@6 interesting stuff I didn’t knew, thanks :)

8. manamana

@6 I must be one of the few who actually liked Dragon Rising. It was clunky yes, but provided a nice change from the standard FPS stuff.

9. DSB

Yeah, they should’ve done Grid 2 when they actually had the money to do it right.

@8 I’ll bat for Dragon Rising. I don’t know if it was limited by the engine or by the fact that it had to be on consoles, but that really hurt the game.

You could only have something like 100 guys on the map at once, and if you needed more than that you had to spawn them as you went along. That’s not really impressive for any wargame.

Still, it did have some interesting bits and pieces. Of course they ruined that entire franchise with Red River. That game was a cry for help.