The Last of Us: Survival and Post-Pandemic Editions announced for North America

Tuesday, 22nd January 2013 20:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Last of Us: Survival Edition and Post-Pandemic Editions have been announced for the US, following the Ellie and Joel Editions for Europe.

The Survival Edition, which will run you $79.99, contains the hardcover book The Art of The Last of Us, along with Darkhorse comic The Last of Us: American Dreams #1, with a cover only available to those who purchase the Survival Edition.

The game itself comes in a Steelbook showcasing artwork of Ellie on one side and Joel on the other, and it will come complete with the previously announced pre-order bonus Sights & Sounds DLC pack

Sony also announced the GameStop-exclusive Post-Pandemic Edition, which for $159.99 contains the Steelbook edition of the game and The Last of Us: American Dreams # 1 with the variant cover.

Packed inside is also a 12” Premium Statue of Joel and Ellie by Project Triforce, along with the Sights & Sounds DLC Pack, plus the previously announced Survival DLC Pack.

The Last of Us is out on May 7.

1. Beta

Better than the European one’s.. Of course. :P

They get a full size art book, we get a mini one. Sums it up really.

#1 1 year ago
  2. TD_Monstrous69

Sweet. I never thought I’d spend as much for a collector’s edition, but I’m shelling out for the Post-Pandemic edition of this. I said I’d buy a collectors edition of it if one was announced, and I’m going big. Missed my chance on The Songbird edition of Bioshock Infinite.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Mike W

Damn….alright……let me go preorder it now ;)

#3 1 year ago
  4. tmac2011

just standard edition :P let me play the game first dlc. you think they’ll tell us how it started or drag it on for the sequal

#4 1 year ago
  5. manamana

@1 +1 I’ll order it from the states …

#5 1 year ago
  6. absolutezero

Is the Survival Edition exclusive?

I think I’ll be importing it for that book. I had the Uncharted 2 artbook and its one of the best I own, its beautiful and in-depth and fat and nice.

Game have’nt put the Ellie Edition up yet either. I fucking hate Game.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Beta

Just pre-ordered the survival edition from Gamestop.

I own the Uncharted 2 art book as well, possibly the best art book I own :) Slightly gutted Ballistic never did an Uncharted 3 one though.

And since I have a US PSN account for any imports I do, I’m not missing out on DLC (Sights and sounds that is, couldn’t give a rats ass about multiplayer stuff)

#7 1 year ago