Cyberpunk 2077 trailer featuring cyborg lady appears

Thursday, 10th January 2013 21:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CD Projekt has released the promised trailer for Cyberpunk 2077. It’s sort of like a slow-mo moving picture mixed with a newscast and CGI. The release date? According to the end of the trailer: when it’s ready.

However, CDP did send over some extra information regarding the game.

Cyberpunk 2077 tells the tale of how advancement went hand-in-hand with the decay of society.

Body augmentations “invented to serve society” multiplied the problems, and which as you can see in the trailer, has led to “mayhem in the streets.” New inventions also led to addictions, and the larger problem of poverty.

In the game, layers will walk the streets of Night City as an individual, who raised on the streets, is trying to better himself while trying to survive a world full of boostergangs and megacorporations.

The city is rampant with drugs, violence, poverty and exclusion where “psychos go on rampages.” The streets are also filled with junkies addicted to “the braindance,” which is an inexpensive way to experience the emotions and stimuli of someone who lives a more exciting life.

A user can “stream a braindance directly into his neural system via special brain augmentations,” by using a BD player. This allows the viewer to “experience all brain processes registered, including emotions, muscle movements and all stimuli perceived by the recording person.”

Some braindances created by megacorporations are simple, some viscerally extreme, and others more controversial due to being created illegally in the underground.

So for example: entering the mind of a serial killer means not only “seeing the monstrosity he performs, but also living his lust to kill and fulfillment.”

There are accounts of users also pushing things too far with braindances, to the point they cannot stop living the other person’s life.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a multi-thread, nonlinear story in which players will visit some of the places pulled from the pen and paper Cyberpunk 2020 RPG.

One area will include a combat zone completely taken over by gangs, where the player can visit the Afterlife joint and the Forlorn Hope.

The sandbox nature of the game will also provide the player with plenty of guns, rifles, implants, gadgets and other equipment.

A release date, as previously mentioned, was not provided beyond 2015, according to a bit of text added at the end of the trailer.

“You’re probably curious about the release date.” said CDP. “It’s currently scheduled a way off, in 2015, but in truth, the delivery date is more like, ‘when it’s done.’

“We will release Cyberpunk to you when we’re convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. we want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever—ok, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal. And you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release.

“The reason is that we’re still building our dev team. So if you are a talented dude or dudette, willing to work in a really different company on a super ambitious project, send us your application.”

1. Dark

Fucking Amazing!

#1 1 year ago
  2. Maximum Payne

Coming : When its ready
    Blizzard style.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Phoenixblight

Of course dressed up trailer with no gameplay.

/disappointed

#3 1 year ago
  4. DSB

Awesome teaser. I just hope it won’t be one of those drawn out developments where you get a trailer every 6 months with nothing to really show.

#4 1 year ago
  5. TD_Monstrous69

Oh CD Project Red, u such a tease, and I like what I’m seeing so far. Even more of a reason for me to get a PC now.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Edo

That was sweet!

#6 1 year ago
  7. Kalain

Interesting.. Doesn’t give a hint as to what the game is about, although the MAX-TAC squads might feature quite heavily or you are part of the MAX-TAC squad…

#7 1 year ago
  8. _LarZen_

Oh you tease CD Project….cant wait for some ingame shoots.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Talkar

Did you really expect gameplay this early in the development cycle?

#9 1 year ago
  10. Phoenixblight

There are plenty of studios that show development of their game at this early stage sure. I just don’t get pumped up about CG trailers, ray traced renders.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Astaroth

I am actually not sure that this is a 100% CGI Trailer. Mostly the last part of the trailer looks like ingame and I think CD Projekt Red could pull something like that off.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Phoenixblight

Nope the entire thing is CG and is in fact using ray tracing ie Mental ray. None of it was actual in game footage. They had use a render farm to get that done probably as they were rendering it they were giving us the screenshots with the logo.

Thanks

#12 1 year ago
  13. Wychodzew

The trailer is CGI made by Platige Image.
    And the song is called “Bullets” by Archive.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Stephany Nunneley

@ALL – details on the game’s story have been added.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Ristas

@Stephany

“Real time with CGI at the end”

Don’t really know what you mean by that, isn’t this clearly a CGI trailer from beginning to end?

#15 1 year ago
  16. YoungZer0

That was … pretty underwhelming.

Music was also terrible. Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

Actually lost some interest in this game now. :|

#16 1 year ago
  17. DSB

Respect for CD Projekt Red. They really know how to make their games stand out. Never really knew about Cyberpunk before this, but that setting sounds really good.

I guess it kinda goes back to Pats Far Cry piece earlier, it doesn’t seem like there’s a premium on picking stories that are actually different and interesting. Gaming really has a way to go in that whole area.

They can do explosions, blood spatter and tits, but stories… Eeeeeh.

@16 You’re a terrible person. The music’s very “I’m British and I’m so sad I need to be in a rock band to truly express it” but I actually thought it was pretty good.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Stephany Nunneley

@15 Fine, I will fix it\.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Wychodzew

Yeah, fuckin terrible. Y no dubstep or heavy metal? I was expecting some inception horns at the end too. Bro fist yo.

#19 1 year ago
  20. YoungZer0

@17: Yeah, well, i don’t. I thought it was terrible. :| Didn’t fit what was happening on screen at all, quite the opposite. The directing wasn’t good either.

@19: So funny.

#20 1 year ago
  21. killersense

the game is atleast a year or two away so i guess cgi was kinda expected. i am excited for game but trailer was alright i guess. the better news is that witcher 3 will be revealed on FEBRUARY 5TH AND IT IS GOING TO COME VERY SOON AS IN PROLLY HOLIDAY 2013 OR LAUNCH TITLE FOR NEXT GEN

#21 1 year ago
  22. manamana

Great stuff, looks like nice artwork is coming up. Oh man, next gen consoles now please.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Night Hunter

Great teaser, but when it comes to CD Projekt I really don’t need to be convinced.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Stephany Nunneley

Look for it around 2015 – per the “text” message hidden at the end of the trailer.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Erthazus

I’m throwing money at my monitor and nothing happens. Why? CD!

I don’t know what to say. This trailer just shows that you can still surprise gamers. I Want That Shit. NAO

Witcher 1,2 is my favourite RPG of this generation and Cyberpunk 2077 from the famous pen and paper RPG is a dream. I can’t comment I just want to preorder COLLECTORS EDITION. PLEASE! NAO!

#25 1 year ago
  26. Ercarret

I thought the trailer was amazing. I’m psyched. CDP RED have really proven themselves with the Witcher games and I cannot wait for this. I want it now. I want it all now. If I could preorder the Very Special Exclusive Collector’s Edition right now, I would. Price is not an issue. I have kidneys to sell. :P

#26 1 year ago
  27. viralshag

Awesome trailer. Really can’t wait to see more about this game and eventually play it!

#27 1 year ago
  28. manamana

No really, I hate it when they tease years in advance! Bioshock Infinite was just the same and I don’t have the impression, Levine build a lot of momentum in doing so over the years.

Gimme a teaser now, a trailer at E3 and the game end of the year. And all my money.

#28 1 year ago
  29. Phoenixblight

#29 1 year ago
  30. Edo

@29 You do realize that we saw first GTA V trailer back in November 2011 and the next one a whole fucking year after that and that we are now in year 2013 and haven’t seen a SINGLE gameplay video of it!?

#30 1 year ago
  31. Phoenixblight

Yeah? their teaser trailer was all in-game not CG made from a 3rd party.

#31 1 year ago
  32. Moonwalker1982

Rockstar always has ingame trailers. They had it for GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Max Payne 3. For ALL of them except GTA games they also showed pure gameplay videos. I like that, i don’t want to see a second of real gameplay in a video. I much rather see it all on my own screen, instead of in a video.

#32 1 year ago
  33. Edo

@31 If in game cutscenes count as gameplay nowdays then I guess you are absolutely right…

#33 1 year ago
  34. Hunam

2015? Are you fucking kidding me!?

#34 1 year ago
  35. Phoenixblight

It shows you what the game will look like, unlike this trailer which shows you absolutely nothing and only gives eye candy. So you are no better place than just not seeing the trailer.

#35 1 year ago
  36. HauntaVirus

I hope its out this year!

#36 1 year ago
  37. HauntaVirus

I hope its out this year!
    Sorry for double post, internet is acting up.

#37 1 year ago
  38. Moonwalker1982

Not only ingame cutscenes. The first and second trailer of GTA V showed alot of footage from the gameworld itself. It’s like a camera moving through the gameworld and i think one or two parts of the second trailer is actually a mission.

This year? How about 2015? :D

#38 1 year ago
  39. deadstoned

That is one hell of a badass trailer. Really looking forward to it. Anything CD Projeckt touches is gold =D

#39 1 year ago
  40. NeoSquall

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

#40 1 year ago
  41. Moonwalker1982

In 2015 the next-gen systems should be out for a while so it’s most definitely gonna be on those and PC.

#41 1 year ago
  42. RaisinBran

Why announce a game so far off? I suppose it’s to build hype, but anything can happen between now and 2015. Look what happened to Devil’s Third :(

#42 1 year ago
  43. Phoenixblight

Or FF Versus. They made a trailer for that game when it wasn’t even in production.

#43 1 year ago
  44. killersense

@they do mention at the end when you freeze the video at 2:14 that this teaser was done to attract more developers to their team as they are hiring. they tease the witcher 3 as something that is far along in production so i would guess holiday 2013 as a launch title for next gen systems as well as pc

#44 1 year ago
  45. osric90

Dude, this looks like a really interesting mature inciative. Loving the universe, music and aesthetic. Better wait for a proper gameplay and narrative trailer though… let’s hope it doesn’t end up being another Human Revolution.

#45 1 year ago
  46. Digital Bamboo

Not the type of trailer I was hoping for, but everything I’ve heard about this game sounds amazing, I’m still excited.

Pretty pointless to complain about the song they used (I thought it fit) as it is almost certainly not representitive of the actual game score. It takes place in the future after all, not the present. I thought it had a hint of a Radiohead sound, who, admittedly, might be able to craft a pretty sick cyberpunk soundtrack, especially if they teamed up with Orbital. Well, one can dream.

But am I dreaming to think that there is even a remote possibility that this could be released for PS3? (as well as PC & PS4)

#46 1 year ago
  47. KrazyKraut

this trailer made me proud to be from poland

#47 1 year ago
  48. Telepathic.Geometry

Really? Why? Isn’t it just CGI…

Don’t get me wrong, this dev team and their fan service is plenty to be proud of by all accounts, but the trailer? It tells fuck all about the game. Unless it’s like one of those trailers with lots of hidden meaning in the details, and I’m just ignorant. Which is also possible…

#48 1 year ago
  49. Dave Cook

@48 Stylish innit? No Dubsstep. Doesn’t pander too heavily to the masses.

#49 1 year ago
  50. Telepathic.Geometry

Well yeah, but look, I love the Star Wars MMO CGI trailers, and have zero interest in the game. I loved the Prey 2 trailer and that game doesn’t even exist.

The Dark Sous 2 trailer, that probably gave you loads of info on what the next game will be so I love that shit. If this CGI trailer were like that I’d be on board. Otherwise, meh. It’s no better than propaganda…

#50 1 year ago
  51. Edo

@35 “I am a fan of how ROckstar does it. They don’t tease a game until the release is in sight and then the info and screenshots trickle out until release.” knowing the facts you should’ve just stopped after that.

#51 1 year ago
  52. GwynbleiddiuM

Well, I’ve been looking forward to this and I have to say it was a great trailer. I also wanna see some gameplay footage, but for now consider me sold, hype level 500%.

#52 1 year ago
  53. NeoSquall

@50 While I do appreciate Blur Studio’s effort in making the DS2 trailer, it’s a known fact that the latest CGI trailers, be they made by Blur, Goldtooth or Platige, aren’t in the least informative about the games they publicise.

#53 1 year ago
  54. Telepathic.Geometry

/sadface

#54 1 year ago
  55. Gheritt White

Win!

#55 1 year ago
  56. Phoenixblight

What are you talking about?

I gave my opinion cg trailers are just fluffed up hype machines that don’t show anything about the game and the fact that its barely in production only confirms that.

#56 1 year ago