Cyberpunk 2077 teaser image shows off a lovely pair of eyes

Wednesday, 9th January 2013 21:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Another Cyberpunk 2077 teaser image has appeared online. A debut trailer is supposed to be released sometime this week, and CD Projekt RED is really teasing us for all it’s worth. You can check out the image in its full glory on the official Facebook page, and below.

1. Phoenixblight

Yes because having mental ray or ray tracing renders is totally teasing…Oh Wait its not.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 I have no idea what you are on about.

3. Phoenixblight

Ray tracing is a form of rendering it fakes what you will actually see in game its like the Mickey D commercial where you see the bun nice and round and everything perfectly layered and when you get it, it looks nothing like that.

No game engine in the next decade or two will be able to render like this so I don’t see how this would be a tease. I rather see what the game would actually look instead of the fluffed out fake version.

4. DSB

5 bucks says it’s the DirecTV genie.

5. Edo

Those eyes…ehh screw it,ray tracing ruined it for me,so never mind.

6. Stephany Nunneley

@3 Ok! I understand now. Kind of like how commercials used to use plastic and glue to make pizza look “awesome”.

Maybe it’s a tease in the fact that in the full picture, her mouth looks like this: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/NJhyVKBa3qs/0.jpg

:p

7. Phoenixblight

Hahah that would be awesome!

8. YoungZer0

And very Mortal Kombat.

9. sh4dow

Hm… teasers are traditionally pre-rendered and if it is, that chick is missing detail in the corners of her eyes, the hair strands look too regular and I’m not sure the pores on her forehead should really be this big.
    Should it be realtime though, I would forgive those things and be impressed instead ;) (only if the final game will actually have faces with such detail and matching environment though)