Jurassic Park re-created in Half-Life 2 mod, gameplay footage emerges

Thursday, 3rd January 2013 11:42 GMT By Dave Cook

Jurassic Life is a Half-Life 2 mod that has been in development for over six years, but the crew behind it have released some gameplay footage that is sure to get fans of Jurassic Park excited with anticipation. It sees areas from the film lovingly re-created, and also includes a human fighting off dinosaurs with a SPAS-12 shotgun. It’s the stuff of dreams/lawsuits. Watch it below.

You can follow the mod’s development over at the Jurassic Life blog.

Thanks IGN.

1. Digital Bamboo

Watching this just put the biggest dumb grin on my face; my hat is off to the people behind it.

#1 1 year ago
  2. LuLshuck

LOOOOOOOOKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS CCCCCCCCCCCCLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dave Cook

@2 haha :D

Yeah it looks badass. I’ve asked the devs for an interview.

#3 1 year ago
  4. OwnedWhenStoned

Can’t watch this in Germany due to the lovely people at GEMA who are on a new year video blocking spree.

Apparently they get two human turds in the post every week. What I want to know is: who’s sending the other one?

#4 1 year ago
  5. SolidGamerSnake

I am. Die haben sogar das offizielle Gangnam Style Video geblockt!

#5 1 year ago
  6. Erthazus

In my opinion these devs are insane.

Why choosing the most unfriendly engine to make a game with jungles when you can make it in Cryengine 2.0 or 3.0 which is very simple and they have jungles there.

Insane people.

#6 1 year ago
  7. OwnedWhenStoned

Aber das ist falsch! Gangnam Style ist kein music!

#7 1 year ago
  8. sh4dow

Man, I can’t wait to leave Germany again…

#8 1 year ago
  9. SolidGamerSnake

@6 they started 6 years ago. The Cryengine wasnt available back then

@7 whats up with your german?XD

#9 1 year ago
  10. TheWulf

Not only that, but I’m glad they went for this. If anything, FarCry 3 convinced me that the CryEngine absolutely cannot create a believable creature, human or not. It is very good at plasticky action figures, though.

Source is the engine you pick if you want something to not look like shit. FIDELITY IS LAW people annoy me, they remind me of Romero.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Maximum Payne

@10 In Crysis 1 you had sharks,turtles,birds,fish and that was just for aesthetic not for gameplay like in FC.

#11 1 year ago
  12. NocturnalB

@10 I actually agree with you there, FarCry 3′s creatures sucked something awful.

#12 1 year ago
  13. xino

quite impressive, plays completely different to that other dinosaur game Primal Carnage

#13 1 year ago