Assassin’s Creed 3 PC makes the most of TXAA technology, boasts nVidia

Friday, 30th November 2012 02:21 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Assassin’s Creed 3 looks pretty good on PC, and nVidia is particularly proud of how nice it appears backed up by GeForce GPUs. You get a free copy of Assassin’s Creed 3 if you pick up a GTX 600-series, so check out this video showing off the fanc-pants graphics tech which might convince you to do that.

1. NeoSquall

I’m still waiting for a patch or WHQL certified Nvidia driver that fixes the botched hair shaders that makes Connor and other characters have bright red, green or blue hair reflexes.

2. desadoc

I had the impression they compared their TXAA with no AA at all. In that case, a MSAA x FXAA x TXAA comparison would be more interesting… And I’m curious about how this technique relates to motion blur, memory usage and semi transparency.

3. monkeygourmet

This sums up PC gaming for me.

You guys get better looking versions of average games…

This is why I don’t really understand graphics whores 95% of the time.

An average game is an average game. Consoles may hold back graphics, but not broken gameplay mechanics.

4. Kabby

You can’t make sound AA comparisons using a shit quality youtube video.

By the looks of it the video just shows AA off/AA on.

5. NeoSquall

@3 I’m sorry AC3 doesn’t titillate your gourmand tastes, but it isn’t an average game at all.

6. monkeygourmet

Okay, maybe I was being harsh.

There was a few crappy design choices, it felt a bit dumbed down to me.

Exactly how Fable 3 felt to me. It felt too stripped back control wise even though the world was huge, too much of a contrast to me.

Also, why no free aim?! Totally makes hunting and ranged stealth kills shit unless you can aim yourself.

7. NeoSquall

There actually is free aim, it uses the key related to target locking in the previous games (Left Trigger in my Xbox 360 Controller for Windows).

8. DuckOfDestiny

Maybe soon they’ll release a patch or some drivers to fix the frame rate issues.