PlayStation Plus December content revealed, includes free Batman: Arkham City

Wednesday, 28th November 2012 13:15 GMT By Dave Cook

PS Plus subscribers after a month of cracking new content to look forward to in December, including a free download of Batman: Arkham City. None too shabby is it?

This month’s Instant Game Collection goodies were listed on PS Blog EU:

PlayStation Plus December content:

• 5th December: Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
  • 5th December: LIMBO (PS3)
  • 5th December: Vanquish (PS3)
  • 12th December: Big Sky Infinity (PS Vita and PS3)
  • 19th December: Mortal Kombat (PS Vita)
  • 21st December: Knytt Underground (PS Vita and PS3)
  • Additional offers and savings TBC

Titles removed from IGC:

• 5th December: Crysis 2 (PS3)
  • 5th December: Scott Pilgrim vs The World (PS3)
  • 5th December: Double Dragon Neon (PS3)
  • 19th December: Chronovolt (PS Vita)
  • 21st December: Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (PS Vita)

See anything you like? Let us know below.

1. DrDamn

That’s another pretty epic month.

2. The_Red

Wait a fucking minute. FREE Arkham City, Vanquish AND Mortal Kombat!? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

3. Deacon

great update!! and I don’t even know what Knytt Underground or Big Sky Infinity are. Off to Google now.

Anyone know the easiest way of checking when your + sub ends? I’ve completely forgotten when mine’s up for renewal.

4. DrDamn

Well not totally free as you pay for the sub, but it’s a damn fine selection again considering the cost. They will end up making some money back on Vita memory cards too the gits. :)

5. Dragon246

WTF!!!
    A truly amazing update, my entire 15 months of subscription is fulfilled this month only.
    Now lets listen to the plus haters.

6. DrDamn

It’s under your account details off the PS3 XMB – under something reasonably obvious. It will also likely tally up with the info on one of the PS+ games you’ve played recently. Press Triangle on the game and scroll down to see the expiry date.

7. Elite_1989

Great update, haven’t got round to playing Vanquish so will be downloading that and Mortal Kombat Vita. At this rate I wont need to buy anything for my Vita as it’s all being included in my Plus Sub :)

8. freedoms_stain

After I buy Arkham City in the Steam sale… Ah well, I reckon the price of the dlc on PS3 will probably eclipse the £4.99 I spent on the PC GOTY edition.

I’m stoked for Vanquish though, almost bought that a few times, glad I withheld.

9. CyberMarco

Oh man, come on SONY, give me a break. I still have to play all those games from September…

10. Joe Musashi

This is the first month of my sub where the games offered are ones I’ve already beaten. I knew my luck had to run out sooner or later.

I’ve been keeping tabs on my sub – since June I’ve had/rented 48(!) free games that sell at a sum of 509.92 in the PSN store. Not too shabby.

JM

11. Deacon

Thanks Doc! – I didn’t think of that. I may need to lay off the chronic.

12. KAP

Who wants a free 30 day trial of Playstation Plus:

Q624-KJNJ-KKBQ

Your welcome…

I still can’t believe Batman Arkham City is free…. wooooow!!!

Oh thanx dude, I forgot, this code is for UK only.

13. Dragon246

Sadly, it seems the free 30 day trial thing, (only for uk) doesn’t work for existing customers. I also have one of it, but it doesn’t work for me.

14. CPC_RedDawn

After a long time PC gamer, and Xbox owner and now having a PS3 I have to say Sony really do know how to treat their premium subscribers! Microsoft give us nothing! they only just got around to giving us a browser! I have my 360 set up now as a foot stool whilst I game on my PC and PS3!

15. Deacon

It would make sense that you’d have to be completely new to PS+ in order to use a ‘free 30 day’ code.

I’m really impressed with the quality of the games they offer up for +. It could quite easily have been a dumping ground for low-selling mediocrity, but instead they consistently deliver great games.

Glad to hear you came to your senses @14 ;)

16. Dragon246

Welcome to the premium plus club. You won’t regret it :)

That’s the great thing about subscription, if they don’t consistently put out great content on plus, people will simply move on. So it keeps both customers and sony interested.

17. strikkebil

damn ive played all of these games. better luck next time i hope.

18. DrDamn

Where did you play Big Sky Infinity and Knytt Underground? They are both brand new aren’t they?

19. strikkebil

@18 my bad. i thougt they were ps vita.
    i played limbo, batman and vanquished.

20. TD_Monstrous69

Oh what the fuck!? Come on Sony, don’t shaft the US Plus subscribers (speaking as one). Would love to have Arkham City in my instant game collection (I miss it, traded it in awhile back, just what you gotta do when you want something new, but you’re cash-strapped), as well as Vanquish. Already got Limbo a year ago, can’t think who hasn’t played it already, but would be an excellent edition none the less.