Uncharted Fight For Fortune: PS Vita card game announced, trailered

Monday, 19th November 2012 15:12 GMT By Dave Cook

Uncharted: Fight For Fortune has been officially unveiled by Sony for PS Vita. It’s a turn-based card game that was rumoured after it appeared on an age-rating classification site. Get all the details below.

PS Blog EU reveals that Uncharted: Golden Abyss developer Sony Bend is creating the title, and that it is launching in December.

Here’s the reveal trailer:

The aim is to create a Faction comprised of Uncharted’s heroes, villains and mercs, then to buff them with Resources and Fortune cards that bestow them with new abilities and gear.

From there you take your deck into battle and fight it out until either side is defeated. Players can attack their opponent, or their opponent’s cards, removing them from play. Once your opponent’s health reaches zero the game is over.

Simple no? The game will also use all of the 300 artefacts found in Uncharted: Golden Abyss as buffs for your Faction.

Here’s some artwork:

On the blog, co-director Chris Reese said, “Bend Studio Co-Director John Garvin and I have led the charge on Uncharted Fight for Fortune since the launch of Uncharted: Golden Abyss to take the Uncharted experience even further. In addition to our close collaboration with Naughty Dog, we are also pleased to introduce One Loop Games, a team of talented industry veterans who worked closely with us to chart new ground in the Uncharted universe.”

Uncharted as a card game – what do you make of that then readers?

1. Razor

Vita saved, hurrah!

2. loveaya

Vita dies, hurrah!

3. Erthazus

Card game for the PS Vita.

LOL.

4. ManuOtaku

Guys you do know there is people that likes this type of games, dont you?, they deserve the chance to play what they like in the device they like, i dont see the bad in this, there is something for everybody.
    p.s especially if its something like baten kaitos, i mean in the application of cards into the gameplay.

5. Petulant Radish

There’s also people that like games where they rape badgers, kill them, and wear their skin as a hat. Doesn’t mean you should make a game our of it…or does it? VITA SAVED WITH BADGER RAPE/MURDER SIM!!!

6. ManuOtaku

#5 Do you mean like naughty bear?

7. jeffb01

I played the card game in RAGE a couple times. I never really understood it, but I would win it sometimes. meh..

8. Dave Cook

Loved the card game from Final Fantasy VIII. Anyone else like it?

9. Ireland Michael

@8 I probably clocked in more time playing the FFVIII card game than I did the actual game itself.

10. Dave Cook

@9 so awesome. But gutting when you lost a one of a kind card to some asshole player. You’d spend ages trying to win it back.

11. Ireland Michael

@10 Hah, indeed.

I think my average completion time with FFVIII was around 97 hours. Ironically, it’s one of my least favourite games in the franchise. But damn, those cards…

12. Dragon246

Hate for a game without seeing any of it? Typical internet nerd rage.
    Although I dont like the fact how the trailer mentions dlcs as one of the features of the game.

Meanwhile, doesn’t it look like sony just woke up to find out they didn’t market vita enough, with all the ads around now?

13. Dave Cook

@11 so damn compelling :D

14. Da Man

Kudos to Sony for their miserable but effective ads, as mediocre as Uc series has always been it will still sell on that alone.

Amazing offering, buy a useless brick with two analog sticks, which is going to be discontinued in two years to play a card game that can be found on any smartphone store.

15. Petulant Radish

@6 you rape badgers in Naughty Bear? Has anyone told the Daily Mail about this yet?

16. CycloneFox

I don’t see any reason, why people should start hating it. If you don’t like it, don’t play it.
    But if you ask me, this doesn’t look like a full game anyway, but more like an addon. I would have wished for a Uncharted-gameplay-type of multiplayer-addon for Golden Abyss instead of a cardgame. Hope that will follow sometime, too.

My biggest question here is: Is this an full (download) game, an addon (I hat this Microsoft-made “DLC” term, which mostly includes payed content) for Golden Abyss or a feature included in a patch? Or to put it more simple: Does it cost money, or is it free? And can anybody use it, or does it require Golden abyss? (Wich would be no problem anyway, as almost every PS Vita user has this game at the latest with firmware version 2.0)

@Da Man: Your Sony-bashes have always been quite gruesome, but calling the Uncharted-series “medicore” makes you even more noncredible.

17. Da Man

#16

Suggest paying more attention to my MS, Nokia and Samsung ‘bashing’ then. They tend to be quite brutal too.

Yes it is mediocre. A great looking but utterly mediocre videogame. From the idiotic one liners through simpleton platforming and annoying cover based shooting.

But by all means, as I said before feel free to trick yourself into becoming another victim of fanboy wars, bury your head in the sand and label anyone who doesn’t support scripted pseudo movies with shallow platforming whatever suits your agenda.

I can post some Gears of War flamings if that makes you feel better.

18. lexph3re

Way to go Da Man great job at showing the videogame community how elevated you are.

On the post. Cool to get an add-on to a game that was enjoyable while it lasted. Hopefully, it’s just an update and not a payed add on because I won’t be paying for a card game on top of a game I already have. Nice idea to encourage multiple playthrough’s.

19. Da Man

Sorry, as opposed to you passionately defending any possible computer software, hardware and whatnot manufactured by the same one company?

That’s a good one.

20. Ireland Michael

@18 Ignore him. He’s just trying to derail the thread on purpose by attacking the opinions of everyone he can, because he knows he’s going to get a reaction.

21. Da Man

No, ignore him. O’Connor’s memberating for the lack of anything better to do with his time.(Unless of course he’s trolling with independent analysis such as:

He also has miserable self-control and edits his posts from 2010.

But either way, like I was saying. Quite an inane spin-off offering from an even more mediocre franchise.

22. lexph3re

Well couldn’t be a spin-off seeing how it’s an add on to golden abyss. Are you reading the articles or do you just think you can see into a imaginary realm linked to ours?

@20 Oh I know, I just love provoking the classic response from him that I defend one company by actually pulling from the articles topic in which he doesn’t read.

23. Da Man

It’s a spin-off gameplay wise.

Provoking? lol. Careful not to ylod while doing so. Nothing more sad than a person lying to themselves.