Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge trailer gets ultra-violent with Ayane

Friday, 2nd November 2012 20:37 GMT By Jeff Dunn

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge is launching alongside the Wii U in just a couple weeks (in North America at least), and it’s bringing Dead or Alive’s Ayane along with it. Team Ninja has released a new trailer for the game today, with this one showing off the new purple-haired character and an overall ridiculous amount of blood. See it for yourself below.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge is out for the Wii U on November 18 in North America, December 8 in Japan, and January 11 in Europe.

Thanks, CVG.

1. monkeygourmet

This looks bloody amazing!

A return to form for the series! :)

Now I’m going to have to pick this up at launch too! :/

2. loveaya

Go to hell, Team Ninja

3. Mike W

Yea buddy!!

4. Clupula

It really is bullshit if they don’t release this in some form for PS3 and/or 360 as a Sigma release.

5. Mike W

Sorry bro, I was trying to text my wife :/

Anyway yea that will be suck, but I don’t know why the PS360 fans would’ve bought that shit without the gore

6. monkeygourmet

PS3 can’t handle this because of RAM…

That’s why it was scaled down for the dual release on 360 / PS3… Just get a Wii U if you want to play it, or bust out 2 on the 360…

PS3 can’t handle Ninja Gaiden unfortunately… :)

7. Clupula

@5 – Yeah, you’re right, there aren’t two 60FPS 1080p Ninja Gaiden games on PS3 with extra levels already.

8. killersense

the game reviewed so bad so idk how this is going to be any better with a few add ons. it will be like 8 months old when it arrives on wii u and they are charging full price so yea not a must have launch title. maybe someday down the line when it is in the bargain bin

9. Clupula

@5 – It wasn’t so much the lack of gore that drove me away but all the articles leading up to it where they kept talking about so many things that were just wrong for the series. Having enemies beg for their lives. Who would hire people who would do that? Making the game easier for people outside of the series. Trying to make you feel guilty for the killing. All of that just screamed, “This is going to be a dud.”

Then when I played the demo (which amazingly, worked on PS3…despite what the deaf, dumb, and blind may think) and I could get through it by just mashing the square button, I knew it’d be a waste of my money to pick it up.

I love the two Sigma titles for PS3. They’re some of the most fun I’ve ever had, even if they cut out most of the gore in Sigma 2, which 3 showed me was not a RAM issue but some weird thing the new head of Team Ninja thought was something the series needed.

The gore is not being put back in the Wii U version because of the increased RAM. Most of that RAM is used to power that stupid tablet controller anyway. The gore is being put back because they’re actually trying to sell what was a shit of a title to a new audience, so they’re trying to fix every complaint made about the original version of 3 to try to sell it for a second time to people.

I have no urge to get a Wii U, so if they don’t port these things to the PS3/360, then I’ll just miss out on Ninja Gaiden 3 altogether. No big loss, really. If they do port it, I’ll see what’s improved and make my decision then.

10. monkeygourmet

“some weird thing the new head of Team Ninja thought was something the series needed”

You mean an excuse?

It was a bitch to keep the dismemberment in the PS3 versions, so, they left it out.

Nothing to get upset about, it’s just a shame the 360 had to lose the feature because of the cross platform development in Ninja Gaiden 3.

At least the Wii U is finally getting the version like it was supposed to be.

Also, lol @1080p 60fps claims on PS3… Check out digital foundary, it’s a bit of a different story. :)

11. The_Red

I really hope they release this for PS3 and 360 and NOT in form of the purple / low-gore Sigma ones. Original NG3 was crap and while this is mostly the same game, it seems more fun and true to originals thanks to the many tweaks and changes.

12. Gekidami

Shhh. Its on Wii U now so Nintendo fanboys are pretending this piece of shit for a game is good.

13. Clupula

@12 – They really are the worst of all fanboys, when it comes down to it. All one need to do is see how they act like they’ve always been huge Bayonetta fans, when in truth, the majority of them have never even played it.