DmC: Devil May Cry has four extra difficulty modes, gets new screens

Thursday, 1st November 2012 22:26 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Capcom has confirmed the return of a favourite Devil May Cry feature in Ninja Theory’s DmC – extra difficulty levels for the hardest of the hard.

As detailed on Capcom Unity, there will be three standard difficulty modes available from the get go – Human, Devil Hunter and Nephilim.

The four additional modes, listed below, will unlock on successive play throughs.

• Son of Sparda – Remixed enemy layouts, tougher enemies and enemy behavior throughout.
  • Dante Must Die – As above, but contains the strongest enemies and insane attack waves.
  • Heaven or Hell – Another remixed mode, but everyone and everything, including Dante, dies after one hit. Supremely satisfying!
  • Hell and Hell – The same as above, but only Dante dies after one hit. For serious contenders.

Tasty – but is it as tasty as these new screens? DmC: Devil May Cry drops on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in January 2013, probably raising a crater as it does so.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. YoungZer0

Ugh, that’s some interesting difficulty modes.

Do we have some information on the demo release?

What’s your opinion on the game, Brenna?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Brenna Hillier

I haven’t seen it yet, but I know Capcom is keeping a very close eye on the action side of things, and after Resident Evil 6, I’m kind of pleased Ninja Theory is quietly taking the reins on everything else. I’m not very invested in the franchise so I don’t mind the new look and story.

Pat and Dave have seen it in action and both seemed pretty impressed.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dark

@1 The demo will be available on XBL and PSN on Tuesday November 20 and Wednesday November 21.

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

“I’m not very invested in the franchise so I don’t mind the new look and story.”

I have invested a lot in the franchise and was rather disappointed to see that Capcom never did anything with the story or the characters. So in my opinion the best thing that could’ve happen to the game is Ninja Theory.

@3: Thank you very much, Dark.

#4 1 year ago
  5. polygem

thx for the infos, interesting modes. i love those games but i kinda suck at them. to finish those on harder difficulties can easily become a real pain in the ass. i mean i finished halo reach on legendary but DmC or bayonetta on hard…..i am not sure if i´d dare to try that ;) ok dmc maybe…..not bayoneta though.
    @Dark: thanks! didn´t know demo will come that soon!
    i really love the franchise. yes, it looks like they made some major changes here, but to me it looks like they made the right ones. i am pretty excited about DmC – one of my most anticipated upcoming games for sure.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Deacon

Watched a lot of people playing this at the EG Expo, and it looks fucking great! (sadly I didn’t have the time to have a go myself).

Really looking forward to this and MG Rising next year!

#6 1 year ago
  7. Gheritt White

Really looking forward to this.

#7 1 year ago
  8. ManuOtaku

You know new difficulty modes in games are like the periodic table, we always are finding new elements on it, new elements that surpass the existing ones, having said that i cannot wait for this game i got the feeling it is going to be on the same level of Bayonetta (in the gameplay department that is), and maybe if i dare to say it, even surpass it

#8 1 year ago
  9. absolutezero

I think I might kill you to death for that Manu.

#9 1 year ago
  10. ManuOtaku

#9 absolute sorry man LOL :), for me bayonetta is above anything else in its type of genre, but that doesnt mean i could not rule for the competition in order to be equally good, or to even surpass it, but i think also that in story it will not surpass it, and neither in characters or overall crazyness, is that just hope it is on the same level in the gameplay departament as bayonetta, because this game, for being developed by Ninja Theory is getting a lot of harsh criticism by fans and many gamers, therefore i hope they can make a mark with this game, the same type of mark bayonetta did, thats all.

#10 1 year ago