GTA 5 release window & preorder artwork confirmed as real, more photos emerge

Tuesday, 30th October 2012 10:19 GMT By Dave Cook

Grand Theft Auto 5 pre-order artwork was snapped over the weekend, along with a ‘Spring 2013′ release window. An employee at GAME’s Brighton branch has snapped their store’s own pre-order art, confirmed the release window, and Tweeted it to the masses. See the new art below.

IGN reports that the Brighton branch of GAME tweeted the photo below, along with the message ‘Pre-order now!!!!’

Not that the PC format is not listed on any of the artwork, suggesting a later release for PC.

The photos follow similar snaps that appeared over the weekend from the US. Check out the different artwork – involving a mean-looking dog – here.

1. Dragon246

The only game which can topple COD sales. I am really excited for this. I am also really happy that they are keeping the realistic look and feel of gta4 here, or so I hope.
    Probably the only game which can sell 20m+ after showing just 1 trailer, such is the pedigree of rockstar.
    I hope it topples gta4 on metacritic by scoring a perfect 100 or 99, which would be truly remarkable.

2. KAP

I can hear the few eccentric VG247 horde trampling over the hill uttering “GTA isn’t fun” etc to them self and anyone one else who’ll listen.
    Here they come…..

See the thing with journalists in this industry is that If many are praising a title theres bound to be a huge number after initial reviews to slate it for that very reason, Its sad but true. Many care more about traffic then there actual passion. Assassins Creed 3 will be a typical example dude, watch the reviews of the game by the end of the week.

I for one can’t wait for V it’ll be something else.

3. Edo

@2 Gather up the pitchforks and torches,let’s get them!!

4. NeoSquall

>No PC.

I’ll pass.

5. jayc4life

Figured it’d be sticking to Rockstar’s normal April/May release window. Having 18 pages in next month’s Game Informer all but confirmed it.

I’ll be waiting patiently for the PC release though. No idea why publishers force us to wait an extra few weeks, sometimes months, for PC games, but I’m confident enough that my machine can run it, and I’m phasing out of buying console games before the next generation of machines comes around.

That, and you just know there’s gonna be some really awesome mods for this.

6. tmac2011

i cant wait and @ 4 didnt GTAIV take six months to release on pc? stores atleast know the release window now. we’re getting closer and im excited to get my hands on this game!

7. Moonwalker1982

Female cops in a GTA, finallyyyyyyyy. And the quad is back and there’s a desert! Shit yeah!!!

It could very well be the end of March too man. That’s when the fiscal year 2013 is ending, and that’s exactly when Take Two is expecting huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amounts of money from Rockstar Games, money only a behemoth like a new GTA game can do. In like 6 hours there will be the Take Two financial conference and its going to be interesting to see if those predictions change. If not…late March is very plausible.

8. NocturnalB

YES! That guy sitting on the ATV in the desert like area can only suggest one thing, it’s going to be the fool San Andreas map! What other part of that map besides the Las Venturas island had a desert? This is gonna be the best GTA ever.

EDIT: @7 You noticed the same thing i did haha!

9. Moonwalker1982

I can’t take the credit for it though my good man. Lately i’m alot on the GTAV.net forums and those folks just spot every single detail you can find. They even spotted the quad guy in one of the official screenshots..this one.

As for the full map, i doubt that man. Rockstar clearly said it would be Los Santos and surrounding countryside and beaches. Then again…they didn’t mention a desert.

10. NocturnalB

I see “surrounding areas” as being a very vague statement from them, so i’ll take the risk and hold my breath. Only time and an issue of GI December edition will tell.

11. Moonwalker1982

Yep. The GI issue is going to be amazing, 18 pages…insanity. But after that..i will stay the fuck away from any more previews and what not. I don’t want so much spoiled, i wanna see it myself. I’m expecting to read about the protagonist(s) and the purpose of dogs, and more.

12. mistermogul

@2 – I love the GTA series (especially Vice City which remains my favourite) however I can understand why people might label GTA 4 as “not fun”…

To me the city felt awkward to get around (by car) and had an overall soul-less feeling which really took the fun from previous games away and replaced it with frustration more than anything. So much so I didn’t even complete it…

13. Moonwalker1982

@12 i agree that it wasn’t as fun, but god knows i love that game though. It just wasn’t Vice City or San Andreas. It missed variety in missions AND locations. Now we get the awesome countryside back, this is going to give a really nice change.

From the artworks so far we know about…

- Silencers on rifles (hell yes, i missed this in IV)
    - Dogs (unknown yet what purpose they serve, i hope great things)
    - Quads
    - Female police (yeeeehaw)
    - Desert!