Nintendo will be present at New York Comic Con this weekend, and has announced its game line-up for the convention.
A special Paper Mario: Sticker Star event will be held, in which attendees can volunteer to be “sticker-bombed” at a station outside the main entrance of the Javits Center.
Fans will have the opportunity to be covered in as many Paper Mario: Sticker Star stickers as possible.
A booth in the Javits Center (No. 2921) will be dedicated exclusively to tournaments featuring Nintendo 3DS games New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Kid Icarus: Uprising. Details are as follows:
- New Super Mario Bros. 2: Throughout the day, entrants can play through different courses featured in the recently released downloadable Coin Rush mode course packs. High scores will be posted and updated throughout the day. All participants will receive a Gold Mario pin for playing (while supplies last), and the top scorer at the end of each day’s play period will receive a Nintendo 3DS XL system.
- Kid Icarus: Uprising: Throughout the day, up to six players at a time can compete in five-minute Free-For-All rounds. At the end of the qualifying period, the top 12 highest scorers of the day will compete in three rounds of Free-For-All play, and whoever has the highest combined score from those three rounds will be the day’s champion. All participants will receive a Kid Icarus: Uprising Series 2 AR Card pack (while supplies last). The top scorers from each day will receive a Kid Icarus pin. The champion from each day will win a Kid Icarus AR Card Core Set, containing more than 400 cards that have been released to date and a Nintendo 3DS XL system; each day’s second-place finisher will receive a Kid Icarus AR Card Core Set.
Visitors to the main Nintendo booth (No. 1510) will be able to sample a fun lineup of Nintendo games slated for the holidays, as well as the upcoming Wii U console.
The following games will be playable:
- The Wonderful 101
- Nintendo Land
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Game & Wario
- Pikmin 3
- NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Rayman Legends
- Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star
- Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
- Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- Style Savvy: Trendsetters
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- New Super Mario Bros. 2
Nintendo DS: Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2
Nintendo is also hosting a Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 Launch Celebration one block north of the Javits Center at SIR Stage37 at 508 W. 37th St.
The lounge will be free and open to the public from noon to 8 p.m. and will give visitors the chance to enjoy features like a Pokémon photo booth, a distribution station for the Mythical Pokémon Genesect, Pokémon-themed ice sculptures, a live performance from the Chicago-based band I Fight Dragons and Pokémon giveaways while supplies last.
Visitors also can try out the new Pokédex 3D Pro prior to its November 8 launch.
NYCC runs October 11-14 at the Javits Center located on Eleventh Avenue, between 34th and 40th streets, on the West side of Manhattan.