Torchlight 2 is out today, post launch content planned

Thursday, 20th September 2012 19:15 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Torchlight 2 is out today, in case you’ve been living under a rock, and you can pick it up on Steam, and to keep you interested in the RPG, Runic has post launch plans in place for more content.

Speaking in an IAmA on Reddit, level designer Patrick Blank said new map scrolls for endgame and phase portal rooms are in the planning process.

“Yes, we want to do more content post launch,” said Blank. “For level design specifically, new map scrolls for endgame, phase beast portal rooms, and more variations of already existing levels so there is even more randomization where we feel it is beneficial.

“We will just have to wait and see how fans react, and what they ask for and try to accommodate if we can.”

Torchlight 2 will run you $20 on Steam.

Go get!

Thanks, AusGamers.

1. Se_7_eN

YESSSsssss!

2. Sini

I can’t justify paying for this game after trying out the demo. Looks and plays like a free flash game.

3. GK

2,i support your opinion.totaly crap game.original Torchlight is way more better in every way.very dissapointed.

4. Se_7_eN

I think you guys work for Blizzard…

5. DSB

@2,3 I’ve been saying the same thing since the beta, but I reckon I’ll still get it once I’m past Borderlands 2, XCOM and Dishonored.

Maybe the xmas sale.

6. OlderGamer

I can only find one fault thus far, the chars move too fast for my liking. It feels like I am playing the game in some sort of overdrive. It really is dizying. Would be nice to see the movement slowed down a bit.

7. Mineral4r7s

@6 first I was like “derp”? Then I saw your name and it all made sense.

@2 Enjoy not playing TL2 you won’t be missed.

8. TheWulf

Flash game? Oy vey. The standards of trolling have fallen around here.

Overworld shot from TL II (act I): http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2012/09/torchlight2.jpg

Overworld shot from Diablo III (act I): http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jUusd7B9w1s/0.jpg

Going by those standards, then, DIII must look like an early ’90s PC game running on a really rickety, already old engine.

9. TheWulf

Respect the opinion, but I actually like it fast. I felt that Torchlight I was a little too slow. With the speed that mobs and the player move at in II, there’s more strategy involved, since you have to be careful that you don’t blunder into something bad. It’s frenetic, but in a good way, and ready to catch anyone who isn’t paying attention with their pants down.

But, if you prefer it slower, I can almost guarantee you that within a couple of weeks of launch, there’ll be a mod to do just that. Because there were mods which sped up the movement speed of TL I.

10. Kabby

Where are the reviews!?

11. viralshag

Good so far, I actually agree with OG on the speed if the character. It’s not bad, I do like zipping about but it feels a bit unnatural. I thought maybe it was just the class I was playing…

I don’t think it looks bad, I love how colourful it is but I’m not sure if I like the look of everything. It might just be me having a bad memory but the surroundings feel a lot more cartoony than TL.

12. freedoms_stain

It’s fun, but still too easy on Veteran, to Elite I must go.

13. OlderGamer

Getting used to the speed. Finding that holding shift often(like all of the time) helps out. I enjoy that they move fast when your covering a lot of ground, but still unnatural is a good way of describing it Viral.

Not a deal Breaker at all. Very enjoyable game.

14. iseeit

#6 I respect your position. I’m almost 30 myself and definitely feel my reaction time going. The best part about torchlight and Runic is that you’ll have a mod for your exact grievance shortly.

As far as the first few posters that said this game was a flash game. I mean honestly, can’t you guys find some self respecting work in india? Are all of you telemarketers, or in this case damage control for blizzard?

Anyone who takes their gaming hobby even remotely seriously can tell you that torchlight is the superior product. And it managed to accomplish this with a tiny fraction of the resources blizzard had for it’s steaming pile of shit III.

15. aboutagame123