Fallout: New Vegas cut content uncovered and made playable as mods

Friday, 17th August 2012 07:29 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Kotaku‘s flagged a fan project to restore content cut from Fallout: New Vegas before launch. Read a description of the individual bits and piece here. All the uncovered content has been gathered up, turned into mods, and stored here, so you can grab it all and see the whole game-as-it-was if you feel like it. Obsidian’s Fallout 3 spin-off is one of those divisive titles, so if you didn’t feel the love the first time through, maybe this restored version will charm you at last.

1. The_Red

I hated Fallout 3 but managed to really enjoy NV. It’s no Fallout 1 or 2 but is still the closest thing to the classics we’ve gotten since Tactics. Also, to the people that say Fallout NV is exact same as Fallout 3: Try playing original, “good” Fallout games and then compare the two recent FPS games.

2. pukem0n

i find both new Fallout games quite enjoyable…

3. OrbitMonkey

I enjoyed both new fallout games too. I’d try the first 2, but am afraid I’d catch pc dweeb cooties…

Yuck, imagine not being able to talk about games without referencing some old classic, that was obviously better etc etc :-S

4. alterecho

I’m a huge fan of Fallout 1&2 and hated Fallout 3 from the trailers, seeing how they converted it into a fps. I thought i’ll give it a try anyway. I ended playing ~40-50 hours. Including all the DLCs. I haven’t played Fallout:NV yet but i can say all the games in the series to be awesome in their own right. I played Oblivion after Fallout 3 and was shocked seeing soo many similarities in gameplay.

5. GwynbleiddiuM

You know, after playing FNV again this time it really depressed me to leave Christine behind the Siera Madre, She was mine and that ending took her from me (well my fem-courier actually, but still she broke my courier’s heart by remaining in that stupid vault).

Anyway, looking forward to this, after playing FNV (in a more stable experience) I now actually want Obsidian to create the Fallout 4 instead of Bethesda with their shallow works.

Let it be known this day I recognize Obsidian’s work on FNV, it was remarkable and my level of resentment toward them after screwing up Dungeon Siege significantly dropped.

PS: …It’s letting go.

@4 well obviously, since they use the same engine and gameplay mechanics.

6. Talkar

Wait, you like the first 2 AND the 3rd one? o.O But the 3rd one is not Fallout in almost every respect except the setting… Also have a look at this :P http://i.imgur.com/hhCD1.png

7. absolutezero

Man imagine not being able to enjoy the new Star Wars movies because you saw the old ones. What a horrible thing. That must be horrible.

Wait for it.. WAIT FOR IT.