Xbox 720 will launch within 18 months – Report

Thursday, 9th August 2012 09:50 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox 720 will launch no later than 2014, according to another job posting discovered online this morning.

The job descriptor reads, “Over the next eighteen months Microsoft will release new versions of all of our most significant products including Windows (Client, Server, Phone and Azure), Office and Xbox, along with completely new offerings like Microsoft Surface.”

It continues, “This wave of product launches will define the course of the company for years to come and thus provides an unprecedented opportunity for us to refresh and evolve our strategic brands.”

Thanks OXM.

1. monkeygourmet

Please… Just…. Announce it! :)

These articles continuing to announce nothing are really getting on my tits! We all know it’s going to be at next E3 (well, it better be!)

2. drewbles82

yeah didnt Thief 4 out it as being released holiday 2013, since that game is nextgen and thats when the game releases.

I still think they should show it before E3, use E3 to give demos, etc.

This also makes me wonder for GTAV, its suppose to be on this gen, would they being a version for nextgen as well. Releasing Spring or later would be the worst time to release the game esp if it doesnt work on nextgen. Surely MS will want to have the DLC rights again, your gonna have DLC coming out for GTAV when nextgen systems are being played so that will harm sales.

3. Moonwalker1982

Watch Microsoft again denying this and saying it’s misunderstood, lol.

4. OlderGamer

I thin it really is in MSs best interest to announce a target window. And start to slowly let some details slip here and there.

This is leak stuff the way it is now isn’t a great idea in my mind. The thing I took away from the headlines is that the next gen is still a year and a half away.

5. TheOutcastWolf

@2 Rockstar confirmed 360 and PS3 versions of GTAV, all I can say is new software, not hardware…