First all-gameplay trailer, PC specs released for Darksiders II

Wednesday, 25th July 2012 15:25 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

THQ has released the first all-gameplay trailer for Darksiders II, showing the Crowfather setting the stage where “the fate of mankind may be determined by the actions of the most feared horseman of the apocalypse.” That would be Death, obviously. Vigil has also released the PC specs for the game, which are posted below (thanks, Edo) along with the trailer.

Min Specs

• OS – Windows XP, Windows Vista SP1 or Windows 7
  • Processor – 2.0Ghz Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor or AMD equivalent
  • RAM –2GB
  • Hard Drive – 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install)
  • Video Card – NVIDIA 9800 GT 512 MB Video Card or AMD equivalent
  • Online Steam account

Recommended Specs

• OS – Windows 7
  • Processor – Any Quad-core AMD or Intel Processor
  • RAM –2GB
  • Hard Drive – 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install)
  • Video Card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 512MB Video Card or AMD equivalent
  • Online Steam account

1. Talkar

Looks really great. August is going to be a busy month :P

2. YoungZer0

Man, the art-direction looks fantastic, (except the angels) can’t wait to play it.

3. Edo

I’m not watching it(don’t want to spoil too much)anyways,this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNVk6Q0IwLg convinced me that this game is going to be something special,I mean just look at that background in the beginning of this video…LOOK AT IT!! :) .

4. Hirmetrium

I spoke to the art director on Monday night, and he was saying how glad he was to break out of the first game’s rigid “earth” setting and be able to do much more with the art. Apparently they really worked hard on getting the backgrounds and art direction right this time, because they weren’t shackled so much and it shows in the game.

Oh, and the opening is awesome. The game does start in the crowfather level I believe, so you won’t spoil much watching this (although i haven’t watched it for spoilers myself yet).

I’m so excited that i need to find time to replay the original just so I can refamiliarise myself with the characters. You’ll find a lot of throwbacks to the original in this, so definitely prioritise it.

5. Edo

@4 Thanks for the info :),btw here are the official system requirements for the PC version :

Min Specs:
    • OS – Windows XP, Windows Vista SP1 or Windows 7
    • Processor – 2.0Ghz Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor or AMD equivalent
    • RAM –2GB
    • Hard Drive – 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install)
    • Video Card – NVIDIA 9800 GT 512 MB Video Card or AMD equivalent
    • Online Steam account

Recommended Specs:
    • OS – Windows 7
    • Processor – Any Quad-core AMD or Intel Processor
    • RAM –2GB
    • Hard Drive – 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install)
    • Video Card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 512MB Video Card or AMD equivalent
    • Online Steam account

6. YoungZer0

@4: Yeah, it definitely shows. I wasn’t too impressed by the levels in Darksiders 1, but Darksiders 2 levels seem to have gone insane.

7. viralshag

@6, I didn’t mind the DS1 environments. I mean, they had a decent post heaven/hell apocalyptic feel but I guess you could say some were bland. They definitely seemed to have improved with DS2.

Out of interest, what’s the beef with the angels?

I’m very excited to play this!

8. YoungZer0

@7: They look kind of uninspired, especially if you compare them to the rest of the game. Maybe i have read too many comic-books, dunno, the angels in the Darkness/Witchblade/Whatever and Spawn for example, they all had a very similar design. I was hoping for something spectacular, similar to the other designs in the game.

9. reask

Whilst I thought the first one to be good what annoyed me was having no life bar for the bosses.
    Probably been a bit picky but when you’re not sure if you are doing the right thing to defeat it having no bar was really annoying for me.

I got as far as the spidery thing and got no further unfortunately as there was no option to change the difficulty settings.
    I hope they rectify some of these issues with this one as overall it was a pretty good game.

10. viralshag

@8, Fair play. I think they could have done with being a little more gritty in the first game. Not the typical heavily armoured golden angels.

11. YoungZer0

@10: Yeah, that would’ve worked.

12. _LarZen_

Jawn….boooooring.

13. elitegamer

looks not very intresting.

14. Edo

Jesus Christ,they work in pairs now.

15. Stephany Nunneley

@5 Awesome Edo! TYVM! I will get those inserted in the post.

16. Edo

@15 Your’re welcome Steph :) .

17. MegaGeek1

This is likely the last game this generation that I’m genuinely excited about.

18. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

I completed Darksiders II three weeks ago. T’was very good.