CBS Films signs on to produce Deus Ex: Human Revolution film

Tuesday, 10th July 2012 14:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CBS Films has acquired the rights to develop a movie based on Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

According to co-president of CBS Films, Terry Press, the studio will be working closely with Eidos Montreal on it.

“As is clear from the wild success of the game, Square Enix and Eidos-Montreal know how to exceed their audience’s expectations by engineering incredible worlds,” Press told Variety. “No one knows Human Revolution like the team that created it, and we look forward to working with them from day one to make a film adaptation worthy of the Deus Ex name.”

Phil Rogers, president and CEO of Square Enix Europe said: “We’re firm believers in building strong partnerships, and so we’re thrilled to be working with CBS Films on bringing the unique ‘Deus Ex’ experience to the bigscreen.”

John P. Middleton is attached as executive producer, Maria Faillace as executive VP of production, and creative executive Alex Ginno is attached as well.

Roy Lee and Adrian Askarieh will produce the film.

Askarieh is currently signed on for the next Hitman film, as well as Just Cause and Kane and Lynch. Lee is producing Warner Bros.’ Lego: The Piece of Resistance and his former credits include The Woman in Black which he executive produced.

1. Fin

I’ll watch it if it has Jason Statham as Adam Jensen.

2. The_Red

I WON’T watch of if it has Jason Statham as Adam Jensen.

3. Edo

@1 Surely you can’t be serious…

4. DSB

It’s gonna be Timothy Olyphant. Watch it happen.

I wonder why they picked this one. Me and my brother used to wonder who would play Denton when the original one got picked up. Back then it had to be John Travolta.

5. Talkar

I never asked for this…

6. osric90

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a great idea that turned out not that well. It had great artistic value, amazing music and made bigger a very passionate and interesting universe. I really can see a movie happening, hopefully being the first great adaptation of out times. I would love it to be a CGI like Resident Evil (the good ones, not the crappy Milla ones) but I’m sure it will be live-action. For Adam Jensen, I will say the obvious, Christian Bale. For directing it it would be awesome to have a unique perspective like Ridley Scott but that’s not gonna happen and Steven Spielberg is too busy so maybe it should be someone like Neil Blomkamp.

7. YoungZer0

@6: Christian Bale definitely can do the lung-cancer-voice. I’d love to see Duncan Jones give this movie a shot.

8. roadkill

Christian Bale! Definitely Christian Bale!

Oh and Fin! You’re an idiot!