Bowling started Robotoki to create a game “no one else was doing yet”

Saturday, 2nd June 2012 18:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Robert Bowling has reiterated he started his own development studio in order create something new and get a fresh start, thus one of the reasons he didn’t join up with former Infinity Ward co-workers at Respawn.

Speaking in an interview with VentureBeat, Bowling said starting his own company allowed him to create something “no one else was doing yet.”

“[Zampella and the Respawn Entertainment crew] were my role models, friends, and partners for many, many years,” he said. “However, for me, it felt important to strike out and really create something completely different that I felt no one else was doing yet.

“That takes a lot of risk and a true creative clean slate, which Robotoki has allowed me to accomplish.”

Bowling’s new title with Robotoki, is a survival game titled Human Element, which takes place during the zombie apocalypse and it’s slated for release on next-gen, PC, mobile, and tablets in 2015.

More on the game will be revealed in the July issue of Game Informer.

1. Edo

GameInformer revealing game that is coming out in 2015!?Da faq is sh*t!?

2. G1GAHURTZ

Oh, a game that no one else is doing…

Like a zombie game.

3. DSB

@1,2 Bowling misses the spotlight?

4. roadkill

@3 I’m not really sure why he misses it. Every time he was in it he appeared like an idiot who had no clue what was going on around him. Or maybe he was just stupid. I don’t know..

5. Gheritt White

Nobody hangs around the guys that formed Respawn without picking up a few good ideas. Good luck, I say.

6. Ali Hayas

@5 yeah good ideas… like the ones that have been in military movies years ago. There is nothing very creative from Infinity Ward. NOTHING.

7. Phoenixblight

Activision has kept them making military games for more than a few years so you wouldn’t know what games they have talked about doing in the break rooms.

8. Ali Hayas

@7, look the only thing I know is that there is nothing creative nor even that good in IW’s CoDs. The storytelling is god damn boring, the graphics are below average.And there is simply nothing that makes me remember CoD other than the hype / hate it gets online. They may had great ideas in the break rooms, but unless I see that in front of me, don’t count me in.

The guys over Treyarch are actually 10 times more creative. The secrets and stories they make are at least more interesting than IW’s. Their zombie mode, even if silly, contains things you don’t usually see.