Video – Metro: Last Light gets incredible new gameplay

Tuesday, 29th May 2012 16:41 GMT By Patrick Garratt

4A’s released brand new footage of the increasingly promising Metro: Last Light, showing the atmospheric shooter on spectacular form. Interview with THQ’s Huw Beynon included.

Check out the video above for brand new gameplay footage of Metro: Last Light in action, along with quotes from THQ PR head Huw Beynon. Stace Harman got an eyes-on with the latest build as you can see here: hit it up for fresh details. Check his digital watch out, 2033 fans.

Metro: Last Light launches on PC, Wii U, PS3 and 360 early 2013.

1. Lewis247

This game is going to be so fucking incredible.

Pretty sure it’s possible to get the original one for like £5 now, I seriously need to get my act together and finally pick it up.

2. Patrick Garratt

Yum.

3. Eversor

What I really like in metro 2033 is realistic and smooth animation – walking people, jumping monsters etc. I think it’s far more important than other graphical components(but well in metro games with that kind of stuff all good too). Trailer pretty awesome ofcourse.
    Must_buy.

4. DSB

Not bad, but it looks pretty much like the first game.

My favourite bits were always the ghost parts. That’s really when I started to pay attention in the first one. More of that please.

5. Pytox

@1 It recently was on steam for sale only for 2.50€, if there will be a summer sale the game will probably be on sale again

6. GrimRita

I’d better order in some extra shit roll – just incase. I’ve just done a little excitement wee already!

But what really unsettles me, is that if THQ dont pull their share price over $1, this game may never see the light of day, unless THQ work something out with its investors – please god!

7. Edo

It looks glorious,my PC will weep again :) .

8. DSB

@6 Turn that frown upside down.

Last Light is obviously past the point of no return in terms of development, so chances are that the game and the studio would be passed off to someone else, if THQ went tits up.

You don’t just throw money away, even if it’s only a question of covering losses. That fate would only befall the ones that can’t turn a profit within a year, I’d guess.

It could mean a serious delay though.

9. Erthazus

Jaw dropping. Visuals are great, atmosphere is great. 4A Games at it’s best. Some crappy studios from Activision need to take a note or the whole industry by their ideas.

The only thing that i don’t like is that they changed his clock. Not really good, because there are too much “tech” in them. But whatever.

10. manamana

Fuck me, this sounds and looks promising. I was wondering, if the WiiU isn’t capable enough or if it indeed has to do with the fuckedup THQ situation. I bet the latter. But when even a port for a brand new console is too much for them to manage, the situation couldn’t be more desperate at THQ…

11. Colin Gallacher

I look forward to playing this in the dark. *sigh* I can already envision having to buy a new graphics card.

12. markheg5980

anyone know if this is open world game like Fallout???

13. Edo

@12 I assume that it is going to be like the first one,so no,it’s not going to be like Fallout.It will probably have some sort of open world exploration missions(again like the first one)but the majority of the game will be set inside the Metro.

14. Da Man

Looks a lot like some kind of place where miserable twats e.g. erzatard would live in.

15. The_Red

This. This is why a company like THQ should survive. They were pure crap 4-5 years ago but since then, they’ve really turned things around.

A dark, brooding Russian game with Russian accents, VERY scarce ammo and many other non-traditional quirks is the type of game that big publishers always turn down. Sure, they still make stupid mistakes and some weaker games but overall, I think the gaming world would be a much better place WITH them rather than without them.
    Last Light, South Park RPG and DarkSiders 2 FTW!

16. Da Man

It’s ukrainian.

And russians make way too many You’re empty’s. Big publishers should turn them down.

17. Kabby

Should do well if it doesn’t run like ass.

18. DSB

@15 I think the fact that they’re holding onto 2-3 worthwhile games says everything for their studios being fine, but the publisher itself very much being shit.

Honestly I don’t have a lot of sympathy for them. I think they’ve gone down a shitty road and are riding it all the way to the end. This is the company that is doing Homefront 2.

Homefront… TWO.

It’s not “This shit is terrible and we should do everything in our might to disassociate ourselves with it forever”. It’s “This shit is terrible, we should fire the studio, and make another one right away!”.

Really. Give those guys a Darwin Award.

19. absolutezero

I just hope to God they stuck to their guns with regards to the morality system and kept everything in the background.

There would be nothing more offensive than having a big blue and red meter swinging back and forth everytime I choose to talk to someone or not.

20. YoungZer0

God, the game looks so damn freaking good. Can not wait. Don’t even care about games like Bioshock Infinite, if i can have this.

@4: I second that. I really liked the supernatural touch of the game and the book. Not many games get that right. … no wait, Metro is the only game that got that right.

21. freedoms_stain

Love the touch with the watch being visible on screen now.

Hope the mask still takes damage and fogs up though, that really added to the tension for me.