Ubisoft has announced that they’re to take their guitar tutor title Rocksmith on tour this summer in Europe, continuing on from a tour of the US.
The tour will see a massive double-decker Rocksmith branded bus head to a number of major European rock festivals and gigs. If anyone is sober enough to clamber onto the bus they’ll be able to get hands-on with the game ahead of its October launch and battle in multiplayer with a chance at winning real guitars.
Rocksmith will finally get a European release this October – almost a year after its US release. The game lets you plug in a real guitar and play a ‘Hero’ style game but with the benefit of actually learning the real instrument. It had a cool reception in the states but has gone on to build something of a cult following.
Here’s where the tour bus will be stopping off:
- Germany – Rock am Ring (01-03/06/2012 – Nürburg)
- France – Hellfest (14-16/06/2012 – Clisson)
- United Kingdom – Isle of Wight (22-24/06/2012 – Isle of Wight)
- France – Les Eurockéennes (29/06/2012 – 01/07/2012 – Belfort)
- Italy – Heineken Jammin Festival (05-07/07/2012 – Milan)
- France – Musillac (13-15/07/2012 – Aix-les-Bains)
- Germany – Wacken Open Air (02 – 04/08/12 – Wacken)
- Germany – Gamescom Festival (17-19/08/2012 – Cologne)
- United Kingdom – Reading Festival (24-26/08/12 – Reading)
- United Kingdom – Bestival (06-09/09/2012 – Isle of Wight)
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.