Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance E3 demo teased

Thursday, 24th May 2012 01:22 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The video below the break shows the title screen of the playable demo of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Konami will make available to E3 2012 attendees. And you know what? I’m excited about this. Tragic? Maybe a little.

The short little taster is about 50% logos, and really doesn’t show any gameplay or anything, but it’s super cool so I’ll forgive it. It’s also an unlisted video so watch it quick before someone realises and pulls it..

The Platinum Games-developed spin-off is expected to be dated for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 during Konami’s pre-E3 press conference, and has been the subject of an intense marketing campaign over the last few weeks.

Thanks, Dark.

1. Colin Gallacher

E3! *excite* :D

2. Brenna Hillier

SO COOL.

3. albo88

im telling you right now this will be the big re enter for Japaneses game love them all

4. mathare92

This may sound silly, but that small piece of footage has got me more interested in the game than all of the shiite marketing they’ve done up to now – and that includes the reveal trailer.

5. Ireland Michael

Drat. Wish I was going to E3 this year.

Has the pleasure of seeing Vanquish at the event in 2010, and I’m a huge supporter of everything this company does, so I have no doubt that this game is going to be anything less than absolutely stellar.

6. AJacks92

I’m sorry but, I still don’t see me playing this. Sure, the gameplay looks incredible, but that’s not what the MGS series was ever about. It was always about plot and wittyness in some instances. You can tell there was a thought process behind it. This, on the otherhand, is just another hack & slasher…which is cool and all. But to be honest, you’d get a larger fanbase if you just make it its own IP and entitle it “Jack the Ripper” or some shenanigans like that.

7. loveaya

I want Bayonetta 2 not a weird MGS…

8. Telepathic.Geometry

I’ve got a serious wood for this game. Surely it won’t disappoint, surely!

9. alimokrane

This was cool but what’s more important is notice the (c) 2012 on the bottom? could this mean the game is actually releasing this year???

10. Deacon

@6 No it’s not what ‘MGS’ is about. Why do all future MGS games have to be bound by the mechanics of MGS 1-4? Comments like this are getting really boring.

The people who purposefully avoid this because ‘it’s not like other MGS games’ are being ignorant idiots and deserve to miss out.

I for one am super-stoked. I’m with #5 – loved Vanquish, and have huge faith in Platinum Games.

11. Fin

Bro, I don’t think you understand what people want from game design.
    If they like it (Mass Effect, Diablo, MGS), then it has to stay exactly the same through iterations.
    If people don’t like it (Call of Duty, Assassin’s Creed is getting there), then it has to bring something new each iteration, else it’s becoming “stale”.

In this case, the former is true – “this isn’t Metal Gear”, “don’t call it Metal Gear” etc.

Everyone’s a hypocrite.

12. Deacon

It’s a spin-off, not a main entry. We’re gonna get MGS5 at some point, so I don’t see why people feel the need to cry about this.

13. The_Red

This looks really cool but goddamit, give us Bayonetta 2.

14. YoungZer0

I give them the benefit of a doubt. I can’t be preaching to people to wait and see the new DMC and then go on to say how this is not Metal Gear (For the record, the main menu looks good, but everything we saw before isn’t).

Again, i’ll wait and see. Knowing the developers inability to tell a story, it’s probably going to be a complete disaster. Hope I’m wrong. I hope just like NT, they came out stronger from this partnership. The live-action shorts definitely didn’t help.